Sunday 30 June 2013

Missypixie Summer Launch

As most of you may know, I'm a huge fan of Missypixie. I love all their items because they really fit my style. Their designs are effortlessly chic and feminine(especially their willow items). My ultimate goal is to have half my wardrobe filled with clothes from Missypixie :D

I found out about their summer launch through their facebook and knew I just had to go! I told my sister immediately and made sure that she was free that day too to go with me. I love shopping with my sister for a few reasons. Firstly, she gives me her honest opinion. Secondly, she reminds me about my budget(when I'm broke). Thirdly, she makes me feel better and less guilty for shopping cause she always manages to shop more than me. Last but not least, she's a huge Missypixie fan too! She originally found their items okay only but after hearing me go on and on about how their items are so cute, she decided to check it out herself and now the Yip sisters are huge fans of Missypixie.

The summer launch was held yesterday and I'm so glad I finally met the owners of Missypixie, Kelly and Sharon! I still remember my sister asking Kelly a question and she is a really, really sweet person. Too bad I forgot to take a photo with them ): I'm still really amazed and inspired by how they started off selling handmade accessories and now, it is a really established blog shop.

On our way to the summer launch, I showed my sister a photo that Kelly uploaded on instagram which showed the clothes that were hanging on the rack. It was really pretty and tidy which made us even more excited then we were alr were. Upon arriving, we stupidly climbed 5 flight of stairs up to the place cause we forgot to check which level it was on lol. Trust me, if we knew it was on the fifth story, we would have taken a lift.

So we were looking through all the pretty clothes when I saw a shirt which my sister wanted to get for only $12!!! I took the Highneck Muscle Tank in black and wine to my sister to let her know.(Yeah, I'm a pretty awesome sister hehehe) Well my sister couldn't decide which colour to get and I still rmb telling her that I probably should have just grabbed one for her so she doesn't have to decide. Being a shopaholic, we both freaked out at the insanely cheap price hehehe. Unexpectedly(or maybe not), she went back and found another one in grey and guess what... SHE BOUGHT ALL 3 IN THE END LOL. She already owns the one in white so she now owns the highneck muscle tank in ALL the possible colours! Shopaholic alert! Now no one can call me crazy when I shop. She bought 1 shirt in 4 colours hahaha. It was so funny and we both were laughing so much on the way to the car.

At the cashier, Kelly was joking and said that my sister must really like the shirt a lot. Well true. The cutting is fabulous and it's a basic so you can pair it up with everything! I actually wore the white one to the event so you can see it in the photos ltr on (:

She bought a dress too and you probably have realised that I have not mentioned anything about my buys yet. I only bought a romper actually. Even thought I only got 1 item, I am still super happy! I saw the photo of the romper on Sharon's Instagram and I knew I had to get it! It's a white lace romper and there is a portion at the back which is bare. It's not launched yet but I'd try to do a post on it before it is(: I am so in love with it, I'd wear it even though my horrible sun burn is really visible. It's too pretty to just let it wait in my wardrobe for a few months before wearing it out.

So here are some photos from the event!









Just look at the pretty cupcakes! Can't believe the amount of effort that was put into the event.





Oh yeah! We were 1 of the first 100 customers so both of us got a goodie bag each :D It's filled with vouchers so yay!

The only thing that wasn't so good about the launch was that not a lot of items were on sale :/ I would have bought a lot more if more items are on sale but nevertheless, it was a really fun day and I can't wait for the next warehouse sale! Great way to end off the holidays(:

"If the shoe fits, but it in every colour!
Authour unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment