Sunday 2 June 2013

MICappella

As Yoga is a non competitive CCA, we are automatically under the Arts Appreciation Club in our school. Basically, we have to go watch a few shows a year which actually is a good thing because I love watching performances. This time round, we chose to watch MICappella as the Esplanade. To be honest, I don't know much about them. I only knew that they were an a cppella group so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Well I met up with Jolene for dinner and we spent the longest time ever deciding on what to eat. We walked from the Esplanade to Raffles City then to Marina Sq hahaha. Everywhere was so crowded cause it was dinner time! We were so hungry so we decided to eat at whatever place that didn't have a queue. We ended up eating at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe at Marina Sq and the menu blew us away! There was so much to choose from and we wanted to eat everything. Their menu varied from baked rice to french toast and even had nice, cold desserts. Being from Hong Kong, I do miss the food back in HK. Glad I could have a taste of it here(:

I couldn't really decide what I wanted to eat but I knew that pork chop would nvr go wrong so I ordered the baked pork chop rice and Jolene followed me but ordered spaghetti instead. When it arrived, we were soooooo happy that we finally got to it. There was plenty of cheese(which I love) on it and the spaghetti was cooked perfectly. It wasn't overcooked or undercooked.









After dinner, it was off to the Esplanade to meet my Yoga babes. It was a good bonding experience for us since we only see each other once a week for CCA.







Here's a little info on this group. MICappella is a a cappella group made out of 5 talented people.  MICappella is a Singaporean a cappella group that have come second on a Chinese competition called The Sing-Off, which is a X-Factor-style competition for strictly a cappella groups.

The performance was held at the Recital Studio and this is what I love about the environment. It is a pretty small room which holds approximately a little more than 100 audience. Although it is small, it makes it a very cosy place(:

The performance started with a video introducing the performers. I was a little shock that the video was in Chinese hahaha. I thought they were an English a cappella group but they do both Chinese and English songs. They do have subtitles on the videos so people who don't understand Chinese can understand the video too.

Then, MICappella came up on stage and started performing. I was really blown away by the beautiful sounds they can produce when 5 voices come together. They can produce the sounds from instruments such as erhu, trumpet and drums! Their talent is way amazing and they should be proud of what they can do. The performance was sadly only an hour long. I wished it lasted longer so they could perform more songs. I'd definitely go to watch them if they're coming back anytime soon. They are still performing at the Esplanade and you should go and watch them if you have the time(: I'm sure it's an experience you don't want to miss.










<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QXvt2XQvps0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MICappella do have a facebook page so do check em out! (http://www.facebook.com/MICappella?fref=ts)

''The only thing better than singing is more singing.''
Ella Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment