Sunday 30 June 2013

Shopping Date!

Went on a shopping date with my dear, Yazmin at Vivo. I wanted to go to Vivo to check out Kissjane cause I'm crazily in love with their items. I met Yazzy at Paya Lebar and as usual, she was late lol. Totally should have anticipated it and arrive later too but nvm. So I sat at the platform watching trains pass by ):

On our way to Vivo, she told me about a marathon that she'd be signing up for and some of you may have signed up for it too! It's the Color run!!!!! -Cues some overly happy music- I didn't actually know what it was when she first mentioned it(oops) but got so interested when I did! Basically it's a 5km marathon where you'd be splashed with different colours at different stops. It's kind of like the festival in India where everyone just splashes paint at strangers. It's compulsary for everyone to wear white so we'd all be rainbow coloured after the marathon. Cool right! Here's a fun fact: It's known as the happiest run in the world. Chirp chirp. I signed up for the one on 17 Aug so let me know if you'll be there!

We first went to take photos and Yazmin kindly offered(not really) to be my photographer of the day. All the photos in my 'Vintage Wash' post are taken by her. I was really afraid the sun would set before we snap any nice photos cause we arrived there in the evening. Luckily I managed to snap a few shots for an outfit post. We also took a few retarded photos of us cause we're girls and girls does stuff like that.







We then had dinner first before shopping cause we're forever hungry. We ate at Fish n Co cause I was craving for it. I have really specific cravings during different days... Weird right?







I ordered my usual New York Fish n Chips cause it's my favourite and Yazzy ordered the same too! It has cheese not only as a sauce but also in the fish itself. Tastes really, really good. However, both of us didn't managed to finish our meal. The thing about Fish n Co is that the portion of the fish is quite huge and you can only take so much fish. The first few bites were scrumptious but after you have eaten half of the fish, you'd probably get sick of it :/ The fries were not that tasty too... It kind of only served to satisfy my craving. After dinner, we went for our shopping trip.

We first went to Kissjane where I tried on about 6 pieces but got none in the end ): It's not that I don't want to but I'm just broke. Confessions of a shopaholic. I'm planning to do a post on shopping soon actually and share some tips on how not to shop so much because I know the consequences of doing so. I mean I am a student and my only income is my allowance from my mum. Oh well. I actually tried on a really pretty comfy knot dress from Missypixie. I am a huge fan of Missypixie so you can imagine the pain I felt when I had to say no to it. There was also a really cute skirt from TTR. It's a black floral one but I sadly had to be strong and say no to it too. To make me feel better, Yazzy told me smth bad about each item. Not kidding... She told me the skirt looks like a curtain and the dress was too old for me HAHAHA. I love her so much cause she says stuff like this :D

Then we went on to a few other shops such as Forever 21, Pull & Bear, Forever New and Topshop. Have you noticed that the clothes from F21 aren't that nice anymore? I use to think that the F21 at Vivo have the best outfits but sadly, their style changed and it's either too clubbing looking or for office wear. I really wish they'll bring back their summer floral prints and pretty lace dresses.

We walked pass Baby Phat and Yazzy wanted to go there cause they were having a sale. She was soooo excited and was telling me about the designer and how all her kids have their own clothing line. I normally don't go to Baby Phat cause their clothes and more for working adults and not teens. I still went in anyway and it was the best decision ever(or not). I saw a gorgeous winter jacket and it was half price!!! Okay time for a little check: You know you're a shopaholic when you buy a winter jacket now and have no idea when you'd ever use it. That's what happened to me. Does it ever happen to you?

In my defence, I go to HK almost every year so I'd definitely have a chance to use it. It's just I'm not sure when... Hopefully it'll be soon if not the jacket would just be collecting dust in my wardrobe. The jacket comes in black and camel and I took half an hour to decide which colour to get hahaha. If Sg had winter, I totally would have gotten both. The sales lady was very nice as well and was talking to us and helping me decide which colour to get(: Sales ladies like her make me smile hehehe

Got the black one in the end after much consideration and I'm pretty sure I won't regret it(: Well this ends my post on my shopping date with Yazzy and am crossing my fingers I'd somehow find more money to shop.



"The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her."
Marcelene Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment