Sunday 9 June 2013

Pow Sing Chicken Rice

Pow Sing have been around since 1983. That's actually 30 years and their business just keeps growing. Why is that so? Simply because of the chicken rice that they sell. I've nvr been there before but my mum went there when my brother was 1 year old. That's 12 years back! Even though it's been such a long time, she still remembers how amazing the chicken rice was. Needless to say, she was very happy and excited to bring us to try it out.



















My first thought when I entered the restaurant was that there were mostly elderly in the restaurant. My mum was saying that it's probably because they are regulars of Pow Sing and regularly comes to eat here. Even though I originally saw a lot of elderly, I later did see young couples coming to eat too. I guess it's a place where everyone comes together. Gave me a very 'home' kind of feel.

I'm pretty sure the chickens there gets sold really fast. I remember seeing a lot of chickens hanging when I first came but when I left, there was only 1 left. Hahaha! The place is also pretty big so we didn't have to wait for seats. Thank god cause we were all starving. 

Well the true form of Hainanese Chicken Rice has not changed since it first opened and this is what is so special about them. Customers come back precisely because of this reason. The chicken is indeed the best dish out of everything we ordered. It was soft, smooth and tender. The plate was cleared pretty fast by all of us hahaha. I normally eat really little rice but I ate a whole bowl this time round because it was really tasty(: Worth all the weight gained.

Do check the place out if you can't decide where to eat. You know what? Just go and eat there because you won't regret it.

Pow Sing - 63/65 Serangoon Garden Way
''I unfortunately still crave Chicken Mcnuggets and bacon, which is the meat candy of the world.''
Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment