Thursday 20 June 2013

Riders Cafe: Lunch with the horsies

Been bugging my sister to take me out for brunch for quite awhile now and finally we decided to go out for brunch. We knew a lot of places to go for brunch but couldn't seem to choose where to go as we wanted to go to places that were more inconvenient (since my sister could drive hehehe) After much deliberation, we decided to go to the Riders Cafe!

Upon reaching our destination, the first thing that hit me was omg, this place is impossible to get to without a car. There isn't any public transport nearby and even if there is, it will require a lot of walking on your part to get to the place. Under the scorching sun, I'm pretty sure none of us wants to be in the heat for too long. Thus I wouldn't recommend the place if you don't have a car to get there. I guess I can't bring my friends there cause none of us can drive ):

I originally thought the place was air conditioned but turns out, it wasn't. Then again, if it was, something about the place just wouldn't seem right. The fact that it was not air conditioned kind of tied the whole place together. The cafe is a place where you can escape from the hustle and bustle of our everyday live. I felt like I was at a countryside actually and I must say, it feels nice to feel all laid back once in a while. It really is somewhere where you can take a break. You know what I mean? But in order to create such an atmosphere, the place has to be somewhere a little inaccessible to maintain the serenity. Hence, the inconvenience to get there without a car.











And here's what we ordered!



Saffron Risotto & Seared Hokkaido Scallops with Saffron & Baby Broccoli ($24)
This dish was ordered by my brother and it was quite decent. I tried a spoonful of the Risotto and it was chewy and creamy. However, he couldn't finish it because after awhile as he found it too creamy. Such a waste though so I guess it's better to share it with someone.



Crab Salad Roll with Brioche Bread, Baby Cos, Gherkin, Avocado & Seasoned Fries
When my mum told me what she ordered, I wasn't sure what to expect. I kind of thought it would be like a sandwich but in a rolled up form? Well here's how it looked like. I thought that this was the best main course out of everything we ordered. The crab was really, really good and the fries was made just nice as well. Thumbs up!



Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Crabmeat, Spinach, Chili Oil, Garlic and Parsley($24)
If you constantly follow my post, you'd know I have a weird tendency to want to eat Aglio Olio. When I saw it on the menu, I knew I had to try it! So here it is! I found it pretty good and the garlic flavour was quite strong. In fact I'm pretty sure my breath smelt like garlic the next few hours (oopsy, embarrassing) but definitely worth the try if you love Aglio Olio.



Smoked Chicken Salad with Apples, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Tortilla & Wholegrain Mustard($15)
Here's what my sister got but I didn't try it cause I'm not a fan of salad. I actually don't eat anything that's raw. According to her, it wasn't anything special. Kind of just like a normal salad but the fact that they added apple was quite nice.



Death by Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream
When we saw this on the menu, we knew we had to get it! It was also recommended by ladyironchef. It was a lot bigger than what we expected. We thought it would be a small cake, the kind that would be gone within a few bites. Turns out, the portion was quite big! Definitely need to share this one. Do get it if you have a sweet tooth(:

Overall I had a really pleasant experience and the staff were really friendly as well. I really love going to places like this where all I see are green land. Sometimes I find myself trapped in such a fast pace city I lose track of what's important. I guess we all should just take a step back and enjoy what God created. Btw, yup you can see horses around :D

Here are some more photos we took(:




















(Read more about this outfit on my sister's blog)

Riders Cafe - 51 Fairways Drive S286965, Bukit Timah Saddle Club

"Horses make a landscape look beautiful."
Alice Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment