Sunday 2 June 2013

Max Brenner

After the show at the Esplanade, Jolene and I really wanted to get Chocolate Lava Cake. I originally wanted to bring her to Dome to try their cake but it was closed alr): She suggested going to Max Brenner instead since it was at the Esplanade. I've nvr been to Max Brenner before but I know they're famous for their chocolate. We ordered the Chocolate Lava cake and it was $18.









The cake looks really delicious right? I like how the food is laid out. The small cup of chocolate milkshake was really yummy! But to me, the cake wasn't that good. The proportion of chocolate to cake is like 5:1 so I felt like I was eating chocolate syrup the whole time. I mean it was tasty but I would have preferred a little more cake or a little less chocolate. I guess if you're insanely obsess with chocolate, you would like it cause it's super chocolaty. The silver can actually contains chocolate syrup and Jolene and I took a really long time figuring out what it was for. We originally wanted to pour over our cake but the cake was so small and it was filled with chocolate alr. So we just dipped the strawberries in it. There was a lot of syrup left out and we didn't know what to do with it. It felt like such a waste... In my opinion, I thought that the cake from Dome was a lot nicer and it is cheaper as well. Do leave a comment if you know any place that sells nice cakes!

''Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.''
Jo Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment