Tuesday 4 June 2013

Food For Thought

It's been such a long time since I've had bunch cause I usually just sleep through it hahaha. I've been talking to my sisters' boyfriend, Rifdi, for a while now about brunch. We finally made a date to go for brunch last Sunday morning(:

We went to Food For Thought and the food there was amazing! Their pancakes are the best I've ever eaten and I think one of the best in Singapore. It is actually under the list of best pancakes in Singapore under Ladyironchef's post. So obviously, I wanted to get the pancakes there! On the other hand, I was craving for nice, yummy scrambled eggs and good ol bacon. Well I got the latter in the end as my brother and Rifdi both ordered pancakes so I could just take a bite(or maybe 10) from them :D

We went to the branch at the National Museum simply because it was closer to our house. It was nicely tucked at a corner of the museum. We sat outside so it was a little noisy because there was a kids corner nearby but who doesn't like little kids? It was really entertaining to look at them. Makes me feel like a small child once more.

While waiting for our food, we played the card game that was placed on our table. There was basically a deck of cards and we had to split them up under the categories of Head and Heart(of Singapore). Sounds easy right? We thought so too but we realised after the first 3 cards, we had no idea what went under what. I mean would you classify the Esplanade under head or heart? Hahaha but it was really fun and we laughed a lot so waiting for the food didn't seem long at all.















Okay this was our final conclusion on what goes under Heart and Head. What do you think?











Finally the food is here! Doesn't is look amazing! Craving for it again :/ hahahaha! My set was pretty good. The scrambled eggs were to my liking and the chicken sausages was amazing! Well but just look at the pancakes! I'd definitely have the pancakes the next time I go there. My brother ordered the Milk Chocolate Pancakes whereas Rifdi ordered Banana Pancakes(Can't rmb the exact name oops). Personally, I preferred the banana pancakes to the chocolate. No particular reason why but it just felt tastier. As the pancakes were heated, the chocolate drops melted so you could spread it around(just like Nutella). Okay now I'm hungry. Need to stop doing food posts in the middle of the night hahaha.



*Huge thanks to Rifdi for driving us there :D

Food For Thought - 8 Queen Street

''There was no time for chit-chat when there were chocolate chip pancakes to be eaten.''
Kristen Day

No comments:

Post a Comment