Thursday 20 June 2013

Saddle Up!















 

I saw this pair of pinafore shorts on Missypixie but didn't get it during the launch cause I was afraid it would be too big for me. The straps are not adjustable and so I was afraid it would fall off easily. However, when I was out with my sister, I saw it at Kissjane! Well no harm trying it on right? So I did and the straps were too long if I didn't do an X at the back. Hence, I unbuttoned the straps and crossed it so that it would form an X at the back and ta dah! It fits just nice.

When I love about this piece is that it's stretchy at the waist. Don't have to worry about over eating! Furthermore, it comes with pockets! Just how adorable is that! I have a habit of walking with my hands in my pockets and I always find it a little weird if there isn't any pockets on my skirt/shorts. And of course the cutting of this piece is amazing. I always believe that Missypixie's willow items have a fabulous cutting that nvr fails to make you look slimmer. With this piece, my legs did look slimmer (yay!)

The straps are also detachable and it's just as good as a basic pair of flare shorts. In a way it gives you 2 different looks for the price of 1 hehehe. Always feel like I'm saving money when I come across items like this. This piece comes in black, grey and navy. I chose black because I don't have a pair of black flare shorts and I like buying items in black and white.

I paired it with a plain white T but you can actually pair it with different tops for a different look. Since the colour of this shorts is pretty basic, you could pair it with a 'loud' top to dress up. As I was going for brunch, I decided to go with a plain T for comfort. Thought it would be cute to wear a fedora as well since I was going to the Saddle Club where all the horsies are. Was going for a country girl kind of look. Not bad right? Btw, Missypixie is having a warehouse sale on 29 June! Do go to their facebook page for more details(:

Bobbi Black Pinafore Shorts - Missypixie
White T - HnM
Sailor Flats - Zara
Brown Fedora - Bangkok
Watch - Fossil

"Colour is black and white put together."

No comments:

Post a Comment