Wednesday 18 December 2013

Working Title

On Monday, I finally met up with Nicole, my most retarded friend ever haha! It's been about 6 months since I last saw her and she didn't change much. Still equally photo crazy. Do you know she can take 3h to edit a photo? Ok and I thought I was a little too much.

Anw, we wanted to go Haji Lane so we found a cafe nearby to have brunch. Coincidentally, a cafe called Working Title is just next to Haji Lane and is on Nicole's 'places to try' list so we settled for it(: First impression was that the cafe is really dimly lited. It was really hard to capture photos of our food and we had to use apps to edit the lighting so that it would be brighter. There also weren't many ppl there and only about 3 tables were occupied. It definitely is a good place if you're planning to stay at a cafe for a long time to catch up with a friend.

 
 
Cappucino ($5)
Sunny Side Up and Toast ($5)
Premium Muesli ($6)

The sunny side up and toast was mine and I found it a tad too salty. The portion wasn't a lot as well but I wasn't expecting much because it was only $5. It's just a really basic breakfast set and probably won't keep you full for a long time. In my opinion, there wasn't anything special about it so it isn't a must try. You could add additional ingredients (Turkey Ham $3, Smoked Salmon $3) if you wanted to.

Nicole ordered the Premiun Muesli and it's basically cereal with bananas. If I'm not wrong, there was yoghurt in it too. What's funny was when we spent quite awhile trying to decide if we're having breakfast or lunch. You see, we were there at about 1pm. It isn't right to call it breakfast but the food we were having weren't exactly lunch worthy haha! Decided to go with brunch in the end cause we couldn't decide.

 
Mango and Strawberry Tea ($6)

I wasn't feeling very well that day so I decided to pass on coffee and ordered tea instead. I'm not someone who usually drinks tea but it just felt right that day. The tea was nice, hot and the smell was just so pleasant! I thought the strawberry aroma stood out more than the mango one.

Overall, I don't think that the food at Working Title is fabulous but it would be a good place to catch up if you're not particular over the food. They don't really have a lot of options either actually. Well it's always good to try someplace new. Speaking of which, thinking of going to Cake Spade one day to check it out!

Working Title - 48 Arab Street
                         S199745

"I've always enjoyed being in the background, sitting in a cafe, watching people."
Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment