Wednesday 4 December 2013

Splash Of Textures

 
 

 
 
 
 

I had a whole lot of textures gng on to brave the coldest day I've experienced in Shanghai. Leather on fur on knit on denim on quilt. That's quite a mouthful!  I've mentioned previously how layering is quite in this season and I decided to wear my HH knit top once again on this trip but gave it a different look. I absolutely adore how basics can always look different when you tweak it a little here and there.

For this time around, I paired it with a denim blouse to give this outfit a more casual look. Quite appropriate for 0 degrees Shanghai that day as well. I'm pretty sure I would have frozen if I only wore the knit top haha! I first thought of pairing a knit with a denim top from Velda's IG actually. I thought that it was kind of cute and smth fun to try out.

For my outerwear, I threw on a really comfy leather jacket which actually belongs to my sister. Once again, I have to reiterate how awesome it is to be able to share clothes with her haha! I love how the pattern at the shoulder area to my elbow looks pretty quilted actually. Moreover, brown leather jackets are always an essential. Black ones too! The fur at the collar is actually detachable but I left it on cause it kept my neck warm(: I'm not really a fan of scarfs so this jacket is definitely a good alternative. Speaking of fur, did I forget to mention I was wearing warm, fuzzy, furry socks?


On to the next texture. My shoes are actually quilted. You can't really tell from the photos above and I forgot to take a close up of my shoes that day. However, I did take a pic of it when I first got it and here you go!

 

I love how the pink laces gives it an extra smth special. This pair of shoes are actually my school shoes haha! I'm pretty pink for school actually... My bag and yoga mat are pink too but oh well hehe. Anw, a lot of my Shanghai photos are gona involve Starbucks in it cause well, my group is kind of obsessed with it. Wherever we go, our first question will be "Is there Starbucks here?" I tried their Gingerbread latte in Shanghai and I am so devastated that Singapore doesn't sell it. ): Oh well, back to my usual Toffenut Latte I guess.

Keep Me Warm Cable Knit in White - Hollyhoque
Denim Blouse - HnM
Leather Jacket - Zara
Jeans - Levis
Shoes - Bershka


"I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it."
Alexander McQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment