Tuesday 24 December 2013

Korean BBQ: 왕대박 Wang Dae Bak

Ever since Rifdi brought me out for a Korean BBQ earlier this year (which you can read about here), I've always wanted to go again! Since it's the hols now, I finally have time to go out and enjoy myself hehe. So I texted Rifdi that I really wanted to have Korean BBQ and he brought my siblings and I to Wang Dae Bak.

 

As usual, we were served with loads of side dishes. My favourite would have to be the mash potato and egg. I don't eat raw food so I actually didn't try a lot of the side dishes haha! Everyone says I'm missing out but oh well... If I had to compare the side dishes to the one at Mid-Night House, I'd say the ones at Mid-Night House were nicer. With that being said, according to Rifdi, Mid-Night House now charge for extra servings of side dishes. The one at Wang Dae Bak is free flow so we could eat as much as we want haha!

 
Boneless Prime Rib ($28)
Marinated Prime Rib ($28)

Personally, I couldn't taste much difference between the marinated and non-marinated rib. Only Rifdi could taste the difference haha! The meat was really chewy and juicy which is awesome. I'm drooling thinking about it actually hehe. I don't really have much to say but it's definitely yummy.

 
Beef Brisket ($28)

This is like the kind of beef you use to steamboat, the flat kind. Personally, I prefer the ribs cause they're a lot juicier. I didn't like eating the fats of this either hahaha!

After dinner, we decided to get ice cream. Wang Dae Bak sells melon ice cream and you should really try it if you're gng there! It's really yummy and milky. It melts really fast though and mine was dripping all over haha! So glad that I got to try it :D

In my opinion, Mid-Night House is better than this place. Just that it's a little inconvenient to get to if you don't have a car. Wang Dae Bak is about a 10 mins walk from Chinatown/ Tanjong Pagar MRT so it's more accessible. I'm a huge fan of Korean BBQ and I'm thinking of trying out a new place again! Any recommendations? :D

왕대박 Wang Dae Bak - 98 Amoy Street
                                       China Square Central

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."
Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment