Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas Buffet

Hello all! How was your Christmas? (: I had a splendid one and I spent it with my family. I didn't really do anything much in the afternoon other than watch Modern Family but the night event was sure splendid.

We went for a dinner buffet at Window On The Park at Holiday Inn at Orchard. Last year, we also went for a dinner buffet haha! It kind of feels like a tradition now. Every Christmas, we will go for buffets. It's just that we don't really have any relatives here so we don't host parties or stuff like that.

Our reservation was at 6.30pm but we got there a little early so we went to the hotel lobby to take some photos. It was quite awkward actually cause we spent such a long time taking photos by the Christmas tree! Hahaha that's what happens when you go out with the Yip family.

 
 

Before we knew it, it was time to eat! I would say that the restaurant was pretty small. There wasn't a lot of choices for the food as well. But that didn't really bother me because I was only interested in the desserts. The original price per person was $134++ which honestly, isn't really worth it. We had a 40% off per person though cause we reserved early. Thank god we did cause the spread there wasn't worth the original price.

Just to show you guys how the place looks like(:

 

And the food!

 
 
 
 
 

Obviously there were a lot of other food. I didn't really take as much photos because I was too hungry and really only interested in desserts. You know how ppl start with soup or salads first? I start with dessert haha! So here's a glimpse of their dessert selection.

 
 
 
 
 
 

Some of my favourites are the red velvet cake, christmas cookies and fruit tarts. The cookies were soooo good! I'm gng to start a cookie hunt and try to find places that sell them. Anyone know of a place which sells nice cookies?

After dinner, we walked to Somerset to see the Christmas lights. It took us about 5 mins to get there. I was so glad I wore my comfy heels that day hehe. Ended off the night by playing mahjong at home(I won btw yay!) and then lights out.

Well that was how my Christmas went. It was really simple, no grand party whatsoever but I like it that way(: Being single means that I get to spend these festivities with my siblings and parents so that's pretty awesome haha! We were joking and saying a few years down the road, our table would be huge with wanwan's kid, my boyfriend and brother's girlfriend. We're planning to spend Christmas next year in Hong Kong so that should be fun cause all my nieces and nephews will be there(: Till next year!

"I had a miss call. It's probably the all you can buffet calling to say, "Come back! We know you can eat just a little bit more.""
Jarod Kintz

No comments:

Post a Comment