Thursday 12 December 2013

The Marmalade Pantry

Met up with Kaixuan and Lynn today to have high tea at the Marmalade Pantry. I met Kaixuan in Korea back in sec 1 and I'm so glad we still keep in touch. Haven't seen him for 3 years and he still looks the same haha! Well the very first thing he said to me when he saw me was it's been 3 years and you still haven't grown. Oh well...

 
Cinnamon Spiced Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting ($8)

Lynn and I both ordered the same cake. We spent such a long time deciding what to get cause all the desserts sound super good! We were deciding between a Smores cupcake, red velvet cupcake, bread pudding and this. In the end, we both settled for the same dessert, a slice of apple cake(: Don't be deceived by the portion. Both of us were super full from this 1 slice of cake. Personally, I feel that the cinnamon taste was more distinct than the apple. The frosting was also a little too much for the both of us. It became quite sweet towards the end. Probably would have been better if we both shared the cake.

 
 The Marmalade Carrot Cake ($8)

Here's what KX ordered. Both cakes are quite similar actually because of the cream cheese frosting. I guess his would be a little less sweet cause there isn't a layer of cream cheese within the cake. I had a bite of it and it wasn't too bad(: I preferred mine though cause I'm not really a huge fan of carrot cakes. Is it just me or does carrot cake just seem like the kind of cake guys order. My eyes were only drawn to words such as red velvet and chocolate haha!

 
Creme Caramel Caffe Latte ($7)

Lately, I'm super into anything caramel. It didn't take me long to decide what drink I want after looking at the super long list of drinks available. I still prefer Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks though. This one was a little too sweet for my liking.


After high tea, we roamed around Orchard and went shopping! Bought a cute little skirt from Stradivarius today and I can't wait to wear it out! We also went to Taka to take photo with the Christmas tree. Yes, we went to Taka for the sole purpose of taking a picture haha!

 

KX pretty much look like a giant next to me haha! We are about 30cm apart so.... well yeah. We spent the whole day talking about food, traveling and more food. Food just always pop into our conversation for some reason. We tried avoiding the topic cause we all felt so guilty but in the end, failed miserably.

 

And an ootd to end the post(: KX became my photographer of the day. If you're reading this, thank you! It's funny how I always take like 30 shots before I find a perfect one but he only needed to take 2 yay! I'm in a maroon skater dress from Lilypirates today. I just absolutely adore basic skater dresses. They're just so comfy and perfect for days where you're too lazy to match a top and a bottom. 

The Marmalade Pantry - ION Orchard
                                        Unit 03-22
           
"I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food."
Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment