Monday 9 December 2013

Paris Baguette Cafe

Today was a day well spent with the siblings at Paris Baguette Cafe. (: Was initially planning to get my nails done today but my sister called in a little late and they were fully booked. Guess my christmas nails will have to wait till Thursday!

We've nvr eaten at the branch at Tampines before. It's always so crowded!!! They don't have a lot of seats and because it just opened, the queue is always insanely long. We decided to take our chances today cause it's a Monday afternoon and most people are at work. There weren't many seats left but luckily for us, we found seats there. Try to avoid weekends and nights if you want to dine in! (:

 

I quite like this branch actually. Even though being small has its downside, I love how it gives me a cosy feeling as compared to the branch at Wisma. I can totally imagine myself sitting in this cafe with a cup of coffee on a rainy day in my comfy knit. Well the location is a bonus too! Tampines mall is just 15 mins away from my house so it's really convenient. Perfect for lazy days where I don't want to squeeze in the MRT with all the other people.

 
Seafood Chowder ($6)

Here's one of the food that I ordered. I tried to find this at the branch at Wisma but I couldn't. Not sure if it was sold out then or only the one at Tampines has it. Well, it's not bad! The portion is quite small so it allows you to have other stuff as well. I found it a little salty but it wasn't much of a problem cause of the small portion. It was served piping hot cause they prepare it on the spot when you order it. The bread was a little hard though but then again, the soup was the main part haha!

 
 Sweet Bacon Roll ($3.60)
Darkness Cannele ($2)

My sister and I both agree that the Bacon Roll was definitely the best dish we had there. No doubt. The colour of the bacon and the 'shine' it has was what caught my eye. It kind of felt like seeing a diamond among the coals hahaha! It was 'shining' among all the other pastry. There's egg under all the bacon for those curious. Definitely a must get for bacon lovers!

The Cannele is my brother's actually. I found it pretty average and quite tasteless. It's hard on the outside and soft on the inside. We had quite a hard time trying to eat it actually cause of the hard exterior. Our forks couldn't really grab a hold of it haha!

 
 Wake Up Jane ($6)

You know how they say looks can be deceiving? Well this dish looks real good but tasted average. Don't get me wrong, it's not that it's bad but we were expecting a little more. It taste like your average toast with egg on it. A little disappointing but definitely worth a photo!

Almond Pastry ($3.60)

I only had a bite of this cause my brother gobbled everything down haha! Mmmm I found it quite normal but then again, I've nvr been crazily insane about almonds. Portion is a little big so it could be too filling for those with a small tummy.

 
 Royal Pudding Caramel ($4.50)

And of course, there's always room for dessert! How can we pass on the famous Royal Pudding. I keep seeing ppl instagram this haha! There were 3 flavours available: original, mango and caramel. I've tried the original previously and it taste like Panna Cotta. Today, we tried the caramel one and it's definitely nicer than the original one. I just love caramel! How can anyone not? :D

 
 Caramel Macchiato ($6.70)
Cafe Latte ($6)

We found the coffee here pretty normal. The caramel macchiato was wayyyy too sweet. I'm glad I didn't add any sugar. I still prefer Starbucks haha! I blame my Shanghai group for my insane addiction to Starbucks now. Everytime I go out, I have an urge to get Starbucks. It's really bad but I'm handling it well! Well at least I think I am...


Anw, I just have to post this picture cause I'm wearing the top Shericia got me for my birthday! To Sher: Thanks so much bb! You know me too well. Love Bonito FTW!

"And the idea of just wandering off to a cafe with a notebook and writing and seeing where that takes me for awhile is just bliss."
J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment