Tuesday 3 December 2013

Christmas Flare

 
 
 
 

For all those who don't know yet, Christmas is my absolute favourite season of the year! Christmas buffets, gathering, presents (even gift shopping) are just so much fun! The only thing lacking in Singapore is the cold weather. Christmas just doesn't feel complete without the cold wind or even snow! My idea of a perfect Christmas is one in a winter country with my loved one, sipping on Coffee with Christmas songs playing in the background and preferably a fireplace somewhere near. I'm still waiting for the day where I'll be able to experience a white Christmas(: 

One of the outfits I planned for Shanghai was Christmas themed. It just seemed closest to my idea of a perfect Christmas because of the cold weather. In fact, I actually bought this dress because of the Christmas spirit it gave me. I mean just look at the design of the dress. How much more Christmas-y can it get? Checkered, red, green. Of course I couldn't wear it alone cause of the cold weather so I wore a denim shirt inside. The idea of layering is smth really in right now and it's very common to see mannequins in shops such as F21, Stradivarius, Bershks etc. having layers of clothes. Although it might not be suitable for the temperature in Singapore, it'll definitely come in handy during the rainy days.

Paired it with my ultimate favourite trench coat. I got it in the beginning of the year for CNY in Hong Kong but I only had the chance to wear it for a short 2 days so I'm really glad this trip to Shanghai finally gave me the chance to get it out of my luggage in the storeroom. Just a really random thought but does anyone else think that I looked like a Japanese P5 school girl? Hahaha! This set of photos were taking at Mahota Farm, which I will blog about in the coming days, and it served as such a nice backdrop! The sun was shining bright that day and Jo and I managed to find some free time to take these photos. Huge thanks to Jo for being my photographer throughout the trip! (:

Denim Shirt - HnM
Red Tartan Checks Flared Dress - Lacepipe
Black Coat - Forever New
Goldman Shades in Gold - The Tinsel Rack
Watch - Fossil
Black Leggings - Hong Kong
Boots - Aldo

"All I want for Christmas is you."
Mariah Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment