Monday 30 December 2013

Marche

I'm sure Marche is smth really familiar to you guys. I've always heard of Marche but for the years it's been around, last Thursday was my first time trying it out. My girls and I were at Vivo and we were deciding what to have for dinner when Lynn suggested Marche. I then said I've nvr been there before and they just stared at me and went "Whaaaaaaaaaaat!"

So being a newbie at Marche, I have no idea how things work. I didn't even know they had a market style kind of way of getting food - if you want soup, you go to the soup station. If you want greens, you go to the salad section. We were all given a card and my friends explained to me how it worked haha! Basically you order your food from the different stations and pass them your card. At the end of your meal, you then proceed to the cashier to pay for it. Lynn and I then walked round tgt to decided what we want to have and ended up walking round about 3 times. We were just spoilt for choices! Vanessa then kept insisting that I get Rosti so I did.

 
 
Rosti with Fried Egg

Lynn, Vanessa and I all got Rosti :D I'm pretty sure Rosti is Marche's most famous dish. It's basically shredded potato but wow, mind blowing. We all added egg but you could add other ingredients such as cheese and sausage as well! Today, I went to Marche again with Kaixuan and Lynn and I sucuumb to my temptation and got Rosti again. I wanted to try smth else but the previous experience of having Rosti was just too mouth watering haha! That's actually why I suggested Marche today cause I was craving for it. Definitely a must get from Marche!

 
Salmon

Here's what Shericia got. I'm quite a huge fan of cooked salmon actually so this definitely appealed to me. I didn't see this dish when I was roaming around Marche actually but it's under the seafood section. If I rmb correctly, it's priced around $14.

 
 
Chicken

And hungry Denise got this. I honestly have no idea how she finished this. The store she got it from also sells whole chicken and chicken thigh. The second photo is taken today(: Lynn ordered it today cause her pasta was sold out. She originally wanted Salmon Pasta Gratin (sounds so darn good) but it was sold out! I guess that means it's quite popular? If I didn't have Rosti today, I would have gotten the pasta actually.

 
Crepes with banana, chocolate and ice cream

After eating a chicken all by herself, Denise went on and ordered crepes. Nvr knew she had such a huge appetite! The crepes are really delicious but definitely not very filling. More of a huge dessert in my opinion. Lynn and I decided to get crepes too after trying hers haha!

 
Bread and Butter Pudding

Lynn decided to get dessert today too cause the dessert section looked too tempting. I myself also got dessert(crepes) cause it just looked too yummy! This pudding is quite decent actually and I might get it the next time I'm there!

Just to show you guys the dessert section (my favourite place ever!)

 

And here are some photos from last Thurs and today(:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"The belly rules the mind."
Spanish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment