Saturday 21 December 2013

Pique.Nique

Hey guys! I just found a cafe which I really really like. Not because of the food (well partly), but more because of the atmosphere. About a week back, when I was out with KX and Lynn, we walked pass Pique.Nique and really wanted to try it! But we were all too full cause we just had high tea at the Marmalade Pantry haha! When I was back at Taka with Vic on Tues, I knew I wanted to try it out. I've heard my friends talked about Pique.Nique before and the cakes there just look too pretty to give a miss! So in the end, Vic and I had high tea at Pique.Nique(:

Even though I said high tea, it was about 5pm when we entered the place. It wasn't really crowded which I love. The atmosphere was pretty cottage-ish which I mega love haha! I'm just drawn to pretty places. Well anw, because it wasn't crowded, Vic and I could take our time to catch up! Haven't seen her for 6 months and we had soooooo much to talk about! We happily sat there till 6.30pm and didn't feel the urge to hurry up cause there were still seats left.

 

Even though we're both 17, we really acted like we were 7 when we were at the counter. I swear, it's cause it's Christmas. So we went out to the counter to choose our cakes but omg, they were all so cuteeeeeee! They were Christmas themed so they were all extra pretty. All the cupcakes had a santa claus on them and I really wanted to buy one just to take a photo of it. In the end, I persuaded Vic to get it HAHAHA!

The conv we had there went a bit like this
"Omg omg omg look at that cupcake"
"No, you should see this one!!!"
"THE MERINGUES ARE COLOURFUL"
"Stop it Angie, stop. OMG THIS ONE IS THE CUTEST"
" -chants- get the cupcake Vic, you know you want to"
"I swear, we eat to take photos only"

Ok yeah you get the idea. I'm pretty sure the waitresses were judging us but haha! So in the end, we decided on milkshakes, a cupcake and cheesecake.

 
Strawberry Cheesecake ($8.05)

I have no idea why they charge 5cents here. That's quite rare... Ok anw, I really love this cheesecake! A must have for cheese and strawberry lovers. The portion was just right and it wasn't the kind where you have 5 bites and get sick of it. Not too sweet as well which is great. Strawberry just goes really well with cheesecake. I'm so glad I chose this over the Christmas cupcake haha!

 
 
Banana Split Cupcakes ($5.15)

Here's what Vic got, or to be more accurate, what I persuaded Vic to get. Well actually there were a lot of other flavours which were Christmas themed too so I persuaded her to get 1 of those cupcake hehe. Well the cupcake wasn't as nice as the cheesecake. Vic only ate half of it. I guess cupcakes from places such as Twelve Cupcakes are probably better. This really is just for photo sake haha!

 
Caramel Milkshake ($8)
Classic Vanilla Milkshake ($8)

Let's just say the milkshakes are smth that you shouldn't order when you're alone. It's wayyyyy too sweet! Of course the caramel one was sweeter and I felt like I was drinking lumps of sugar haha! I only managed to finish half. It's tasty but just too sweet. Vic managed to finish 3/4 of hers but it was still too sweet for her to finish all. I guess you should probably share a milkshake with a friend if you're there.

It's less than a week to Christmas and what have you guys been up to! I haven't actually bought Christmas gifts yet (oops) but have some few ideas in mind haha! Anw, I went to catch the sneak preview of the Delivery Man yesterday, a movie due to be released on 1 Jan 2014, and I'll be doing a movie review soon!

"I love you like a fat kid loves cake!"
Scott Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment