Sunday 1 June 2014

End of MYEs!

Rmb how about 3 months back, I said I wouldn't procrastinate? Well... I didn't manage to stop procrastinating haha! On the bright side, I did start on Econs earlier than usual though. The past 3 weeks has been pure torture. Imagine staying in your room everyday with tons of books piled up on your desk. I'm just glad all that crap is done for now.

I ended my exams on Thurs and just when I was about the give myself a break, our Maths lecturer told us on Friday that there will be a pure maths test next Tues and a stats test next Wed. That's 1.5h per paper so if you add them both up, it's 3h long which is actually the whole duration of an A lvl paper. It just really sucks cause it's during our June hols and not even a week after the end of mid years! But oh well, life of a JC student.

But anywho, to mark the end of mid years, happy jump shots are a must!

 

I went out with Jo on Thursday right after our last paper to catch X Men! It really is a superb movie and all of you should catch it! Both of us didn't actually know what it was about cause we didn't see the trailer neither did we watch the previous movies (whaaaaaat, I know) but it was still really easy to understand(:


Spent the whole bus ride talking and talking. What's new.

We checked out a cafe called Lenas at Tampines 1 for lunch! I've always seen it around but nvr gotten around to actually try it out so I'm glad we did that day! We were talking on the bus and decided to have western food. Just when we were saying how there's lots of places to eat at Tampines, we realised that there wasn't really much choice for western food. We actually googled western food at tampines and Lenas came up! That's why we decided to try it out.

 
Beef Lasagne ($14.90)
Pesto Genovese with Chicken ($13.90)

I wouldn't say that the food there was excellent but it wasn't bad as well. Jo did find her lasagne a little too cheesy though. Can't blame her, look at the amount of cheese haha! But the lasagne itself was nice(: For the pasta, I had a choice of spaghetti or penne. The herbal is taste is super strong so only get this if you like the sauce!

Lenas have daily promotions too which we though was quite cool and a really good way to attract customers! For Thursday, we could get a free drink, salad and ice cream with every main course as long as it's above ($10.50++)

Well then we went to catch X Men and that's about it for that day!

"Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment