Wednesday 18 June 2014

Shanghai Group 1 Outing

Finally managed to make plans to meet up with my beloved Shanghai buddies! What's 1 main problem you face when you go out in a big group? Deciding where to eat. It was a little tougher for us cause Fredion is vegetarian so we had to make sure that there would be food for him too! We were initially thinking of eating dim sum (reliving Shanghai memories hahaha) and then it went to dim sum buffet, then buffet. So yeah, ended up gng for a buffet haha!

We decided on Kiseki but did you know that they are seriously super crowded!! We called a week in advance to make reservations but they were alr full. Hence, we made a reservation for 2 weeks after cause that's the only day they have slots for. Don't really understand the hype though cause they weren't that good...

 
 

For our first round, we all got finger food to eat. Funny how everyone starts with raw food but then our group decides to start with this. Guess it's really cause not a lot of us are a fan of raw food and this was the area closest to where we were sitting.

 

Mandatory photos hehehe.

Headed over to the Jap section next. Was super happy when I saw takoyaki cause I absolutely love them. They were quite disappointing though and the ones from the takoyaki shop are definitely a lot nicer.

 
 

They have teppanyaki too! Mixed feelings about it cause the vege was nice but the pork and chicken were a little too salty. Glad that we ordered to share though so we could finish it!

 

And to my favourite part, dessert!! Desserts are my favourite part of a buffet cause they tend to offer a wide range of cakes and pastries. However, the dessert at Kiseki was really disappointing. They only have ice cream, mochis and 3 different type of cakes. Oh and the mochi didn't taste like mochi at all. I did enjoy the ice cream though! More of the toppings to the ice cream hehehe.

 
 
 
 

Can you tell I really love toppings hehehe. Probably should have taken another scoop of ice cream but oh well. I can eat the toppings on its on cause it's awesome.

The buffet is really one of the lower end priced at only $23.30 per person. I guess that's why the food wasn't that good. But nvm, the time spent joking around with group 1 was worth wayyyyy more haha! So cheesy but it's true. We were missing Sheryl and Fredion that day but hopefully we'll be able to meet after As! Actually yeah, confirm will have another outing after As cause we'll be so free then.

Went up to the roof top to take our famous group 1 selfies!

 

Oh and Krittin decided to joke around and take rubbish photos like this


And so we did the same things for the guys

 

Haha! Ok but here are the proper ones

 

And here's my get up for the day!


Finally wore my Ariana Frock out. Don't you just love dresses with cute side cut outs? As I'm blogging, there's a tab opened for another dress with side cut outs added to my shopping cart as well hehehe. My friends are too used to helping me take photos alr that they were not a little bit surprised when they had to help me take my ootd haha! I love my friends so much. Even you Krittin even though your idea of 'artistic shot' is a photo weirdly slanted and my head cut off hahaha.

We went to catch How To Train Your Dragon 2 after the buffet! It's a really nice movie and y'all should watch it! Don't need to watch the 1st one to understand the 2nd one so that's good haha! Hui Jie was a little worried initially cause she didn't watch the 1st one. Mmmm Jo and I both agreed that the 1st one was nicer though cause there was more interaction between Toothless and Hiccup but both are nice lah haha!

Went our seperate ways after and HJ, Jo and I went to Far East to shop around! Bought 3 new headbands(yay) and Jo bought a top. Had so much fun with them and I can't wait for our next gathering!

Ariana Frock - Love Bonito
Sandals - Tory Burch
Antigona Inspired Satchel - Sandytrove

"True friendship is seen through the heart, not the eyes."
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment