Tuesday 24 June 2014

Hungry Chimps+Playnation

Checked out Hungry Chimps after Kaixuan suggested going there. It's actually a cafe located right above Playnation so it's a really good place to check out if you're thinking of going to that area, especially if you're planning on going to Playnation!

We had an early dinner around 5pm and my first impression is that the place is empty. There's literally no other customers there other than us haha! There's also only 1 waiter too but it wasn't much of an issue cause it wasn't crowded or anything. KX said that the other time he was here, the place was quite empty too but ironically, that's why he likes it. I guess it's just hard to find a nice, quiet cafe nowadays with everyone constantly on the hunt for new places.

And because we were the only customers, I felt at ease taking photos of the place cause there would be no one to judge hahaha

 
 

After placing our orders, we roamed around the place a little and KX decided to explore with my camera and take some photos!

 
 
 
(Yah this table wasn't even our table but since no one was there, it doesn't matter hahaha)
 

I'm not sure if it's me but looking at the last photo, it's almost as if it wasn't taken in Singapore. I'm thinking of Korea actually. No idea why but hahaha. Oh yeah, it was a candid actually and I didn't know KX took a photo till about an hr ltr when I was looking through the photos.

 
King Kong Breakfast ($18)

Decided to get their big breakfast cause it was highly recommended by KX! He had this the other time he was here. Initially, I was really afraid that I wouldn't be able to finish it cause the name King Kong makes it sound humongous. Turns out, there was really nth to worry about cause the portion is just nice for me! I did like their pancakes and there were 3 of them so that's awesome. The truffle fries weren't bad as well! The only problem was the patty. Mmmm I don't really know what to say about it but it wasn't really tasty. Finished everything except the patty!

 
Hot Caramel Latte ($7)

Got a caramel latte as well. It really wasn't that hard to decide on drinks cause the minute I saw caramel, I knew what I would get hahaha. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the monkey coffee art on the drink. Didn't know that they would place a monkey there but I guess I should have guessed it right? I mean after all, I was eating at a place called Hungry Chimps. Makes a really pretty photo op and it's going up on my instagram tmr!

 
Truffled Shephard ($16)

Let's just say that you must really love truffle and shephard to enjoy this dish. It's not a large portion but you'd get tired of eating it after awhile. I guess it's better to share it if you're keen on trying it! I'm so glad I stuck to my pancakes hehe.

 
Monsieur Benedict ($16)

Don't really have much to say about this dish cause I'm not a fan of eggs benny!

If you're going to ask me if I would come here again, my answer will be yes. It's really because it's hard to find such a nice, quiet cafe nowadays. So I'll come back not so much cause of the food but more because I really enjoy the quietness of it. KX was saying how the other day he was at Stranger's Reunion and the tables were so near each other, he could hear the whole conv of the guy sitting next to him. I guess that's quite unpleasant if you're looking for somewhere to have a nice catch up with your friend.

We were talking about what to do next and it didn't take us long to decide to go Playnation cause it was right below us. Super convenient to get too and cheap! Cause it's a weekday, it's only $7+ per person for 4 hours. That's insanely cheap. We kind of got a shock when we saw the price and thought they meant $7 per hour or smth.

 

I took Slapagories cause I had so much fun playing it with my sister and Rifdi the other time I went to Playnation! You can read more about it here! I actually have a video of us playing it but it's 10mins long and I have yet to transfer it over to my laptop haha. I'll trim it before uploading!


Lynn chose this bone dinosaur game thing and it's a really simple game. We actually told the guy working there that we don't want a game that requires us to think hahaha! Yeah, we don't really like to think that much during the holidays. So it works really simply. There's 3 of us right? So we first had to choose 3 colours. We'd then flip down the cards and shuffle them mahjong style haha! So just jumble them up and randomly pick 9 cards! Your aim is to have a full set of card of a single colour. We'd then go on trading with each other and when one of us have a full set, she'll/he'll just take a bone silently and the other 2 players have to see who snatches the other bone. Haha a really simple game.

 

After playing so many games that didn't require us to think, we decided to change it a little and asked for a thinking game! So here it is. Not going to try to explain it cause it's going to be super long haha! Just need to know that this is a teamwork game and we won both times we played it! So it proves that we could think if we wanted too hahaha

A few more photos from that day!

 
 

Hungry Chimps - 64A Prinsep Street
                             #02-01
                             S188667

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment