Saturday 31 August 2013

Disney Planes: Say It With Planes

Hey guys! I'm back with a Plane-tastic news for you! See what I did there (;


I'm sure most of you are fans of Disney movies. Now who wouldn't be! Disney is practically my childhood. From Monsters Inc to Cars, I've been catching every single movie. It's nice to let the inner kid in you out once in awhile. Moreover, Disney movies are so heartwarming. I was just talking to Jolene about Disney after our Econs test and she still rmb how she cried so badly as a kid watching Monsters Inc cause they destroyed the door. Boohoo ):

I'm glad to say that Disney is back with another movie! This movie is called Planes and it's basically about a plane, Dusty, who dreams of competing in the most exciting round-the-world air race in history. However there is just one big obstacle in his way – Dusty is afraid of heights!

 

Doesn't Dusty look adorable? The movie is about finding your inner strength to overcome obstacles and succeeding with the help of your good friends. I'm sure all of us have our own obstacles, be it studies or relationship but what's most important if to find the courage to face it. I know this is easier said than done. Trust me, it took me forever to find my inner strength but as hard as it seems, it remains a fact that if you nvr try to overcome an obstacle, it remains an obstacle.

You can check out the trailer to find out more!



Let me share a little story my yoga teacher shared with us on Wed. Yoga might seem like a really slack activity, but it teaches me a lot of values. The most important is that we need to push ourselves in order to improve. The yoga poses we do, requires flexibility which I'm sure we all know = pain. Hahaha! Ironically, the only way to to decrease the pain is to do it more often in order to become more flexible. Aside from the fact that I'll become more flexible, it also teaches me the importance of facing my fears. One day, when I can do all the poses without aching(which I'm sure will happen someday), I'll look back at all the aches I've been through and know that it was all worth it.

As this movie is about inspiration, I thought I should share who inspired me to pursue my dream. I'm sure all of you know, I'm a dancer. My teacher is definitely my inspiration. When I first joined ballroom/ latin dance, it was out of interest. However, we all know that interest is short lived and eventually, it's because you love what you are doing that keeps you going on. My teacher not only taught my techniques to improve my steps, she also had constant talks with me, as if I'm her daughter! She truly cares for each one of us and I'm grateful for that. She once shared with me what separates an excellent dancer from a good dancer. It's the passion that he/she has for dancing. When you do have the passion, you can achieve things you nvr thought you could. She's my inspiration because of what she embodies. She doesn't believe that anyone of us is a bad dancer. As long as we have the drive and passion, we all have the potential to be an excellent dancer.

So I'm sure all of us can relate to this movie. Disney Planes is organising a contest for all of you Disney lovers out there! You can stand to win movie passes & exclusive premiums! Other prizes include Disney's Planes kid T-shirt, Disney Planes holographic stickers and Disney's Planes metallic cover notebook. When I was a kid, I always made sure to buy an up size popcorn combo in order to get the merchandise hahaha! I'm sure your little brother and sisters will be happy to receive these items too! And if you do win the tickets, you can bring a friend out to catch the movie with you(:

How to take part in the contest? It's really simple and I took part in it too! Click here to go to the Facebook Page of the contest. Follow the instructions there and you're done! Basically you are given the opportunity to send a personalised message to a Facebook friend. I tried it out and sent one to my sister hahaha! Btw, I chose Rochelle as my plane cause she's a girl and pink! :D

So what are you waiting for! Catch “Disney’s Planes” in Singapore cinemas this 5 September 2013! For more updates, like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to the Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment