Wednesday 7 August 2013

Eggs & Berries

The National Day holidays are finally here!!! Everyone in school have been counting down the days to this break ever since Youth Day. Want to know what's better? My birthday is in 4 days! In order to kick start this awesome break, Jolene and I had brunch after our half-school day today(:

I was searching on google for nice brunch places but most of them are really inconvenient to get to without a car(I need to drive so badly) when I remembered seeing a brunch place at Changi Point! Normally Jo and I wouldn't mind traveling for good food but we went out for supper at Chomp Chomp yesterday and didn't really get much sleep. We were pretty much walking zombies in school today so we wanted to go somewhere in the east area where it's convenient for us.

I've been to Changi Point several times and this little eatery never fails to catch my attention. The decoration is really simple but princess-ish at the same time. It's kind of like a tea party setting. The tables were white and the chairs were pink! There were quite a lot of seats too and they had al fresco dining as well but of course, we all would prefer to be seated indoors cause Singapore's weather is wayyyy too hot. 

 

 


In school today, Jo and I were pretty excited and even googled for their menu. I was blown away by the choices. They had a whole list of pancakes, crepes and waffles! 3 of my most favourite food ever all in 1 place. Jo was very certain she'd get waffles so I thought I should either get the crepes or pancakes so we could try a wider variety of food that they had. For today, I was craving for berries such as strawberries and blueberries. I have no idea why cause I'm usually more of a chocolate kind of person. My brother actually thought I would order Devil's Chocolate(Crepes) but we all have random cravings once in awhile. 

It didn't take me a long time to choose what I wanted to try because of the pictures provided! When I saw the photo of Berries Bananas Pancakes, I knew I wanted to get it. It just looked to good to give it a miss. Moreover, craving for berries satisfied! 

The menu did state that it would come with 3 different syrups so I assumed that they would pour it over the pancakes then serve it. That's pretty much what I experience at most of the other cafes that sells pancakes. However, the syrups were served separately and you get to pour them yourself! That was my favourite part of the whole dining experience. You get to choose what sauce you want and the amount of sauce to pour. This is pretty thoughtful cause different people have different preferences. Personally, I like it sweet but for someone like Jo, she doesn't like it with a lot of syrup. Furthermore, you know how annoying it gets when they pour syrup over your pancakes but leave the in between slices syrup-less? This solves the problem :D 

Being the greedy person that I am, I just had to try all the syrups! I had 4 slices of pancakes so I used 1 type of syrup for each and did a mash up for the last slice. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that it's totally a picture perfect moment? Jo was happily snapping photos of me pouring syrup all over my pancakes.

 
(Before the explosion of syrup poured on it)


 

 

(Yeah, I poured wayyyyy too much sauce but oh well :P )
Berries Banana Pancake ($14.50)

When the dish first arrived, I was super shocked at the amount of fruits there were on it. Just look at it! Jo and I were saying that they are really generous with their fruits. Normally at other places, they don't really give a lot of toppings. Best way to eat it? Eat a slice of banana, strawberry, blueberry, whip cream and pancakes all in one bite hohoho. Oh right! Usually I'm not a fan of whip cream(no particular reason why but I just don't like it) but I actually really loved the whip cream that they served! It had a strawberry taste to it which goes really well with the pancakes. Never actually thought of eating pancakes with whip cream before... The pancakes were soft and fluffy just the way I like :D The portion is just right for 1 person and I managed to finished everything. Definitely worth the price.

 


 
Over the Rainbow Waffle ($14.80)
B&J Strawberry Ice Cream ($4.20)

Jo decided to get this because she saw the photo on the menu and it looked sooooo good! Moreover, she couldn't decide what toppings she wanted so she ordered this because it had a wide variety of fruits. Just look at the photo! I can't even tell what some of the toppings are. I'm sure there were kiwis, different type of nuts, strawberry and I think there were peaches too. Once again, we were impressed by the amount of fruits. You could add B&J's ice cream if you wanted to for most of the dishes(including mine). Remember a few weeks back when I blogged about Wimbly Lu? The waffle at Wimbly Lu is definitely nicer. This one wasn't as crispy as we would have preferred it. 

It's been awhile since Jo and I went for good food together after a school day. Had so much fun with her today and looking forward to after promos where we can do things like this every single day! Not forgetting the boys as well. Planning an Adventure Cove trip maybe during Sept hols to celebrate my belated birthday.(Annoying John and Cornelius are forever not free). Beauty and the beasts forever -includes 10 000 winks-

Egga & Berries - Changi City Point
                            #01-37/38

"I like pancakes." 
Brandon Mull

No comments:

Post a Comment