Saturday 10 August 2013

Kith Cafe

What do I like about my birthday? I get to give myself an excuse to meet up with some of my good friends and have good food. Not that I don't do that on a regular basis but now I get to do it and not feel guilty :D

In secondary school, I had a group of really close friends consisting of Shericia, Lynn, Vanessa Ho and I <3 I've known Shericia for 9 years, Lynn for 7 years and Vho for 5 years. Well technically I knew Vho since P3 but we nvr really talked then so it doesn't count. For those of you who know us, did you know that Shericia, Vho and I were coincidentally in the same CCA in P3?! Btw, Shericia only found out yesterday that Vho was in tap dance too hahaha.

So we were planning on meeting up to celebrate my birthday and to catch up as well! It's always nice to catch up with your old friends and find out how they're doing. I originally wanted to go to Dempsey Hill but it was a little inconvenient to get to. After doing a little research online, I found out about Kith Cafe which was conveniently located at Park Mall(near Plaza Sing). I thought it would be a nice place to go to since Fort Canning was nearby and I could snap a few photos for an ootd post(Coming up real soon!).

I've read a few reviews online and they were generally good. The only problem was that the cafe have very little seats indoors. Hence there is a very high chance that we would have to be seated outdoors. I told the girls that just so they would be properly dressed :D

Shericia and Vho actually arrived 30 mins earlier(I have weird friends) and I jokingly told Sher to queue first but she said that the queue wasn't long so instead, they went round shopping. When I arrived, we all walked to Kith Cafe and realised that we made the stupidest mistake ever. There wasn't a long queue because there was a waiting list. You had to write down your name and contact number and the staff would call you when there's a seat. Unluckily for us, there was about 11 people before us. So for those of you who are planning to go to Kith Cafe, rmb to write your name down on the waiting list!

We decided to just wait around the area instead of gng somewhere else to eat. We thought that the time would past by really quick if we just keep talking. Turns out, time did past by fast and before we knew it, it was our turn! Like I mentioned earlier, there weren't many seats indoors so we were seated outdoors. When we first saw the menu, we were spoilt for choices! None of us knew what we wanted to order and we were super indecisive. Well in the end, after about 10 mins of ''Should I get the sandwich? No wait, maybe I should get a breakfast set. Or maybe dessert?", we finally knew what we wanted to get.




Big Breakfast ($16.50)

Being the brunch lovie that I am, I knew I wanted to get brunch. The only problem was I didn't know if I should get a toast or a set. I decided to order the Big Breakfast in the end because of some good reviews I've read but mostly because it basically contains everything. From toast to bacon to eggs to mushrooms :D Saves you the trouble of having to choose what kind of food you want. The mushrooms was cooked really well and it does have an interesting taste to it. For the eggs, I would have preferred it a little warmer. It was pretty cold when I ate it. As for the toast, it was quite well done. This set actually comes with 4 slices so that's quite a lot of bread. Nevertheless, I did manage to finish eating it hehehe.




Smoked Duck Breast Sandwich ($12)

This was what Sher ordered. Her reaction was hilarious when I asked her about the dish. I basically said "So what do you think about the dish?" and she replied "the duck is good". I asked her to describe more and she told me "like not ordinary duck lorh." HAHAHA OMG TYPICAL SHER. Vho and I laughed at her for sooooo long. (If you're reading this, I know you want to kill me but too bad) Okay but jokes aside, I tried the duck and it was really good! It wasn't too salty, just enough for you to taste it. The chips were pretty much your ordinary nacho chips.


Toasties Bacon Scrambled Eggs Cheddar ($6.50)

Last but not least, the dish that Vho ordered. This was actually what I originally wanted to order. It's pretty good actually. However, the portion is pretty small. It's more of a early breakfast or tea time kind of meal. Not very filling but it was good(:


Caramel Cookie Milkshake
Chocolate Orange Milkshake

If you're gng to Kith Cafe, the milkshake is definitely a must try. Their milkshake brings all the boys to their yard. HAHA sorry, I just had to. For the Chocolate Orange Milkshake, the taste of chocolate and orange are super distinct. With every sip, you could definitely taste both ingredients infused tgt. Not exaggerating. Just a fun note but we were actually laughing at Vho cause the milkshake cost more than her toast but oh well, anything for a good milkshake I say!

Overall, the experience I've had at Kith Cafe is pretty pleasant. On the day I went, it was drizzling. Thus, it was more cooling(lucky for us!) It could get a little hot in the afternoon so do take note of the weather before going.

Here are some more pics of the lovely birthday brunch I've had with em (:

 


 


 

On a side note, just want to say how grateful I am for having the most amazing friends in my life. Vho and Sher have been celebrating every birthday with me since Sec 1. That's 5 years consecutively and counting! Unfortunately, Lynn couldn't join us that day cause she's in Malaysia! Stop gng to Malaysia on my birthday Lynn!!! Haha but I love Lynn too and she's the cutest(and blurest) friend I'll ever have. We might be in different schools now but I look forward to seeing you guys after my promos!

Love,
Angie

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment