Thursday 5 September 2013

Doggy Day Out!

Finally found some time to blog about my day out at Pasir Ris Park. This happened about a month back actually but I've been too busy lately to blog about it. Doggy day out is smth you probably won't hear my family say cause we've had quite a bad experience once. When Glitter was a few months old, we brought her out and this poor fella caught a cold. After that, we nvr really thought of bringing them out.

Last month when my dad was in town, we wanted to bring my little brother out to cycle! He's the only one in the family who haven't learnt yet and cycling is kind of an essential skill right? My sister and I have gone through Cycling lessons 101 with the daddy who would lie to us and tell us "I'll nvr let go" and let go in the end. Haha but that's how we learn. I actually managed to cycle but my forgetful daddy didn't think his plan through and forgot to teach me how to stop... Guess who had to run after my bike to stop it haha!

We originally didn't plan to bring our dogs out cause that idea didn't really sink in. It was when Rifdi suggested bringing them that we thought about it. Might as well right? I mean we would have 2 cars and it would be a fun family outing. Our dogs were sooooo happy when they saw their leashes. Don't be mistaken, we bring them down for walks everyday but for some reason, their excitement is always overflowing!

Rifdi, my sister and brother got into 1 car. My dad, mum and I brought our 2 dogs with us in another car. You know how you watch movies like Shaggy Dog and the dogs like to stick their head out of the car? Well I'm not so glad to say that that's a lie when it comes to mine. My dogs are afraid of the car. What's worst? Both dogs are afraid of it. Dazzle refused to sit down and started drooling everywhere. And I mean everywhere... Glitter was a little better I guess. After awhile, she calmed down and would just lie on my lap. She enjoys looking out of the window too so I had to hold her real tight to make sure she doesn't fall. Well you know when it comes to me, every moment is worth a picture right? So here are some I took in the car!

 


 


 


 


Upon arriving, we brought them out for a walk! Another thing you should know about my dogs, they walk wherever they want, as if they own the street. They refused to follow us so it was more like walk the human. Haha! Maybe that's what it was to them. Have a competition to see who can walk their human.

So we just followed them wherever they wanted to go and it was pretty troublesome actually cause they went to the weirdest places ever. Nevertheless, it was really fun cause we got to meet a lot of dogs. Weird thing I observed. There seems to be a lot more mini dogs than big dogs at Pasir Ris Park that day.

 








(Don't they look like foxes?)



The main point of the day was actually to teach my brother to cycle right? We estimated that it would take maybe about an hr? We left our dad to teach my brother how to cycle. 5 mins ltr, we saw this guy cycle pass us and our dad chasing after the bike... My talented brother learnt it in 5 mins. I have no idea how but somehow he did it. Yay to him! Officially the fastest to learn how to ride a bike in the Yip family. My dad must be proud HAHAHA!

 


Then it was time for his break. I took the bike and cycled a little with my dad. Some father daughter bonding time you know! Haha we were talking about how I learnt how to cycle last time. It's nice spending time with my dad when he's in Sg. He always have the funniest things to say.

 


The last time I rode a bike was about a year ago... Really a long time haha!

Then it was time for a break! Rifdi was so thoughtful. He brought an ice bag so that he could bring cold drinks for us. We all rested and started gulping down 100 plus and milo. Speaking of milo, I've recently been drinking a lot of milo cause I've been ill. Milo is really the best thing to have when you have no appetite. Ok back to the post. We took some more photos!(:

 




"Happiness is a warm puppy."
Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Post a Comment