Sunday 15 September 2013

Antoinette

Don and I were deciding on where to go for brunch yesterday and we went to ladyironchef to decide where to go. After looking through the whole list of places to go, we decided to pay a trip to Antoinette! A little embarrassed to say this but I've nvr been to Antoinette before and Don got such a shock when he found out. Now I know the reason behind his expression...

Upon arriving at Antoinette, I realised that the place is decorated with a fairytale kind of theme. Even before I stepped into the place, I kind of knew what to expect. It's totally my kind of place! I was telling Don how I feel like I'm in Beauty and the Beast. The decorations just reminded me of my favourite fairytale. We even got to sit at the pink chairs which made me feel like a princess hehe.

 

Now you know what I mean by it seems like you're in a fairytale. When you first enter Antoinette, The first thing that you will probably notice is their display of macaroons and cakes. 2 of my favourite food ever!! In fact, I bought a box of macaroons home cause I was too full to eat it after brunch haha!

 
 
 
 

I had quite a hard time deciding what to order. I'm pretty sure I spent more than 10mins staring at the menu. Well staring at the menu and busy taking photos of the place. I was just too caught in the moment haha!

 
 
 

In the end, I decided to get Nougatine Crepes cause I thought crepes would be less filling. I wanted to leave some space for cakes!

Nougatine Crepes ($16)

The crepes were pretty good actually. I especially loved the ice cream! Tasted like salted caramel which is my favourite flavour for ice cream! Nougatine Crepes is filled with nutella, salty caramel, caramelised filo, nougatine ice cream and vanilla creme chantilly. Sounds pretty good doesn't it? A little thing to note though is that after a while, it gets really sweet. I didn't manage to finish cause it was way too sweet after I ate about half of it haha! Probably best to share it with a friend.

 
Classic Eggs Florentine ($15.50)

Here's what Don got! Being an Eggs Benedict fan, he pretty much knew what he wanted to get the minute he saw the menu. This dish is served on toasted brioche, wilted spinach, serrano ham and topped with hollandaise sauce. I'm not a Eggs Benedict fan so I can't tell how good it is cause I don't usually eat them. More of a scrambled eggs kind of person but according to Don's expression, I guess it was pretty decent! I tried it and it was a little too salty to my liking but that's just my personal preference.

Strawberry Shortcake

I didn't choose the cakes that we had for dessert actually cause Don wanted to surprise me. This might even be better cause I probably would end up spending 20 mins deciding on what to get haha! So for the first cake, he ordered Strawberry shortcake. According to him it's cause he ordered chocolate for the other one and was afraid that it would be too chocolatey. I found this cake pretty good actually and would recommend it if you're a strawberry lover!

 
Antoinette

This cake is actually Antoinette's specialty. It's made of milk chocolate mousse infused with earl grey tea, chocolate biscuit, dark chocolate earl grey tea cremeux, raspberry coulis and earl grey tea crumble. Personally, I thought that this cake was better than the strawberry shortcake. Maybe it's cause I'm more of a chocolate person. This cake is definitely unique cause it infuses chocolate and earl grey tea together. Definitely going to order this the next time I'm back!

Antoinette is definitely my favourite place to go to for desserts now and I doubt it's gona change. Quite hard to top it off don't you think? I mean I feel like a princess when I eat there HAHAHA! Can't wait for the next trip back(:

Antoinette - 30 Penhas Road
                    S208188

"If music be the food of love, play on."
William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment