Monday 16 September 2013

Phantom of the Opera

I went to watch Phantom of the Opera on 24 Aug and I'm glad I finally found time to blog about it! (: I'm a huge fan of such events cause I'm a Lit student and well, it's always nice to dress up for it. Events like this calls for formal wear and heels hehehe. I would catch every single performance at MBS and the Esplanade if I had the money and time but unfortunately, I don't. I'm just happy that my mummy is willing to pay for all these events cause she knows how much I enjoy them :D

I went for Phantom of the Opera with Jia Lin, Joel and John. JL and I were super worried that the guys would come in T shirt and berms cause that's what they usually wear HAHAHA! So we kept texting them to dress appropriately if not we're gona ignore them the whole day. Well I'm glad they didn't come in berms. However they looked more like our little brothers than friends when we were all together. I think it's cause both JL and I dressed up for the event.

When we entered the theater, there was a photo booth with the words Phantom of the Opera at the backdrop. The queue for it was insanely long though... So we didn't queue up for it. We were actually running late and only had 5mins to spare before the performance started. Yeah... we spent too much time eating and taking photos hahaha!

So here are some pictures we took in the theater. The photos are not very clear though cause the place was dimly lighted.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Funny thing about that day was that there was smth wrong with JL, John and Joel. I'm not kidding. John was afraid of all the loud sounds and apparently the mask the Phantom wore was scary, JL was spazzing out over their voices and Joel couldn't sit still. Every 10 mins, he wanted to go out and walk HAHAHA! My friends are a weird bunch but I love them haha. I was seated in between JL and John so half the time I was trying to calm JL down and the other half was spent convincing John that this is not a horror show.

Jokes aside, I thought that the performance was really good. The effects and voices were fabulous. Clap clap clap! I did get a shock at some parts but it wasn't anything scary. It was mostly due to the sudden loud sounds. The singing was fantastic and the main song was stuck in my head for almost a week. What I absolutely loved about the performance was the costumes!!! They were all so pretty and I hope that 1 day I would have the chance to wear one! Not sure why I would wear it but it would be soooooo cool! Guess my bucket list just got longer haha!

After the performance, we left the place to find Jolene. Coincidentally, she was at MBS that day too cause she was celebrating her sister's birthday at Wolfgang Puck. JL, John and Joel went home after that and I joined Jolene for dessert! Well I definitely did not regret joining Jolene that night haha! The dessert was really good and the company even better(: I guess if I had to sum it up, it was an enchanting and magical night*

"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came."
Phantom of the Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment