Monday 9 September 2013

Casa Verde

My love for brunch will go on and on... Haven't had brunch for quite awhile so I decided to make a date with the little brother to go for brunch tgt. He's equally a foodie as I am and is willing to spend on food so yay!

In my previous post, I mentioned that we went to Botanic Gardens for brunch! Unfortunately, it started raining when we got off the MRT. Casa Verde is located at the heart of Botanical Gardens and the MRT is right at the end so there is a distance that has to be walked. Well the weather didn't work to our favour so we decided to buy an umbrella cause the rain didn't look like it was going to stop soon. So do take note of the weather and rmb to bring an umbrella!

Upon arriving at Casa Verde, we were honestly just glad that we weren't soaked hahaha. We quickly got seated and took a look at the menu. Breakfast at Casa Verde ends at 11am and of course we missed it being the pigs that we are. However, they did have a Whole Day Gourmet Breakfast! Lucky for me! I still get to enjoy brunch even though it was lunch time. Don't you just love all day brunch/breakfast?

The interior of the restaurant is really cosy. Probably cause of its location. The air was so fresh and there's just so much greenery around you! I love places like these. It reminded me of Riders Cafe where I ate at awhile back. Lets you escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The song selection that they played included classic such as (They long to be) Close to you by the Carpenters. Makes you feel so much more relaxed(:

 


 


They offered alfresco dining as well which is smth I don't usually opt for in Singapore cause of the weather. However, outdoor dining is perfect for those who don't mind the heat. Especially since it's located at Botanical Gardens. You get to hear the birds chirping and on that rainy day, the pitter patter of the raindrops. Most costumers dined outdoors actually so the interior seating was quite empty.

The restaurant operates on a self service concept so my little brother offered to order our food. He's such a cutie. Honestly, I feel as if I'm the younger one. Hahaha ok time to talk about the food!

 


 
Whole Day Gourmet Breakfast ($15)

My breakfast set consist of scrambled eggs, mushrooms, black bacon, cumberland sausage, hash brown, grilled tomato and toasts. Sounds like a lot of food right? Well yup you're right. I couldn't finish the portion and I normally can cause I'm a brunch lover. You could actually choose between fried or scrambled eggs but I went with my usual scrambled eggs. The meal wasn't anything fantastic and I found the bacon a tad too salty. The eggs and mushrooms on the other hand, were good hehehe.

 
Hot Chocolate ($5)

I'm pretty sure ordering Hot Chocolate during brunch is turning into a habit for me :/ Brunch just whispers hot drinks haha! The drink is pretty much your usual hot chocolate. Would have been nice if they added toppings such as marshmallows or used a nicer cup though so that it'd be instagram worthy.

 

Carbonara ($15)

Here's what my little brother ordered! Upon reading the recommendation of Ladyironchef, he decided to go for pasta cause apparently that's what's good. The Carbonara consisted of bacon, garlic, cream, eggs and parmesan cheese. It really was quite good! The portion was also quite huge. It doesn't look like there's a lot but I guess you probably can't eat much of it cause of its creamy base. Nevertheless, it was sooooo tasty! I started munching on it and that's probably why I couldn't finish my own meal.

When my brother went to order his food, they told him that there was a promotion gng on. He could order his pasta, with a Panna Cotta and a drink at $17! The carbonara itself alr cost $15 so the deal was quite good. Speaking of Panna Cotta, it cost $8 if you order it alone so it makes so much more sense to get the promotion. As for the drink, you get to select from your regular soft drinks and my brother got Sprite. The promotion is valid from 11am - 2.45pm and is definitely worth it.

 
Panna Cotta ($8)

I honestly had no idea what a Panna Cotta was when my brother told me what he ordered. Well this is pretty much how it looks like! It's really tasty and kind of reminded me like mousse? Probably not worth $8 though cause it was quite a small portion. A lot more worth it if you get the set meal that they are having.

On a side note, my brother is getting good at taking photos. Must be because he have 2 elder sisters who constantly ask him to help us take our ootds hehe.

Casa Verde - Visitors Centre, Singapore Botanic Gardens
                      Cluny Road
                      S259569

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment