Saturday 28 September 2013

Study Date with Jolene!

4 more days to the end of promos! -Squeals in excitement- I can't wait to be able to go out every single day to meet up with some of my old friends and to try out new food places! Planning a brunch date next week with a few of my secondary school friends actually. Can't wait to catch up with them to find out what's the latest gossip hehehe.

Well promos are not over yet so I had a study date with Jolene today. It was a really fun study date actually. Probably the only time you'll see fun and study in the same sentence. We planned this yesterday and Jo offered to cook lunch!!!! Everyone knows Jo is awesome at cooking and I'm so happy my best friend can cook. I was starving when I woke up and it was just in time for lunch!

 

Jo cooked Chicken Thigh with Potatoes for herself while I had Pasta with Bacon. Pretty sure there's probably a fancier name for it but I didn't ask cause I was just way too hungry. Just wanted to snap a few shots and finally try her cooking! My pasta was pretty good and it felt soooo healthy! There was pretty much no oil in it. The best part about Jo's cooking is that it's mostly low fat and healthy! I get too eat without feeling guilty :D

I tried a few potatoes and wow, mind blowing. In fact, Jo had to cook extra potatoes for me about 2h later cause I was craving for it HAHAHA. Obviously didn't have enough potatoes during lunch.  Now I want to eat it... but it's 1am here ): Being dessert lovers, we had a Chocolate Lava Cake after lunch! It took only about 30 mins to bake it. I actually helped you know! I measured the stuff and whisk a little here and there. Ok sounds really pathetic but I don't usually cook or bake so it's a yay for me!

 

Even the plating looks good :D I was sooooo excited when I saw the cake! Thumbs up to Jo for making it pretty and tasty. I honestly think this is one of the best chocolate lava cake I've ever had. Maybe it's cause the idea of it being homemade just seems so... heartwarming haha! The chocolate was oozing out when we cut it open. We had it with BnJ's vanilla ice cream and it was perfect.

So I'm not sure if you realised but the title of this post is 'Study Date with Jolene!' but all I've been talking about is food... We did study! Just after lunch. Started at about 2.30pm and we spent half an hr spotting questions. Yup, praying that what we studied for will come out! It's just impossible to studying everything for History. Our brains will explode. Problems of being an Arts student...

Check out the mess we made while studying!





Nevertheless, a productive study date! We helped each other with History and had little conv in between to ensure we don't fall asleep. Once in awhile, I went to play with her dog, Bailey, as well! Speaking of Bailey, he is one of the most adorable dogs I've ever seen. For starters, he is way too small and cute. Glitter and Dazzle are about 4x Bailey's size! He is so tiny, I can carry him with 1 hand haha! Pretty much a puppy size just that he isn't really a puppy anymore. He was really obedient as well which really amazed me. He nvr barked once and he knows which part of the house he can't go to. Why can't my dogs be like that? If you haven't met them, I'm telling you now, they bark like crazy. I really love them but sometimes I get so frustrated by their barking. Oh well..

Presenting Bailey!
 
 

And here's Jo and me who decided to take photos to take a break from History.


After our productive study session, we decided to head to I12 for Black Ball. I've been craving for Black Ball for the past month but nvr got to buy it cause the branches are at places I don't usually go to. Glad I finally satisfied my craving :D

 

Then we went back to Jo's place and started playing Heads Up. Omg, did you know that there's an update for it?! You can now play it with 2 people acting it out. Totally going to be bugging my classmates to try it out after promos. They have really funny things such as CPR, Tango and even leap frog haha!

Well here's a picture of what I wore today! A really basic and comfy ensemble for a study date. The colour and prints on this pair of shorts are just too gorgeous!


Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Basic White Shirt - HnM
Faye Mid-Waist Shorts in Blue - Klarra
Hardy Metal Tube Flat Sandals - ASOS, New Look

"We do what we have to so we can do what we want to."
James Farmer


No comments:

Post a Comment