Monday 29 July 2013

Blackbird Cafe

Before the Smurfs 2 premiere, JL and I had some time to kill so we decided to find a place to have dessert. Both of us weren't familiar with what there was at Dhoby Ghaut cause we seldom go there so we were walking round cluelessly when we chanced upon this cafe. We were at The Cathay but none of the cafes there seemed super appealing so we decided to go back to Plaza Sing. While going back, we saw this cafe which I'm gona blog about today(:

So this cafe is really convenient to get to and easy to find(Yay to those with no sense of direction hehehe) It's located right next to The Cathay so you can't miss it! Originally, JL kept saying stuff like "Omg Angie, is this one of the cafes where adults go and have cocktails and stuff. This is so awkward." Yeah... that's my friend. If you're reading this, you know I love you but seriously HAHAHAHA.

The first thing I noticed was that there were tables outside the cafe and instinctively, I'm thinking if there's no seats inside I'm not eating here. I sound really pampered but it was sooooo hot that day and the point of us wanting to find a cafe was to enjoy the aircon (and food of course) so if we were to sit outside, that would defeat the whole purpose right? Thankfully for us, there were plenty of seats inside.





 

I thought the interior was done up pretty well. It's a little dull so it gives it a kind of modern vibe. Felt really cosy with the dim lights and all. I still prefer going to places which are 'bright' haha. Kind of lifts up your mood.

So we started reading the menu and I noticed that they had brunch(Heck yeah!) There weren't a huge variety of choices but there were your usual Eggs Benny, Pancakes etc. Nothing really stood out to me though cause it was very typical so I stuck to our original plan and had a dessert instead! There's weren't a lot of desserts too but one caught my attention. It was the Chef's Apple and Pear Crumble with Ice Cream and that was exactly what we ordered! This is actually the most expensive dessert out of the choices available but since we're sharing anw, might as well :D




Chef's Apple and Pear Crumble with ice cream($12)

Wasn't super pricey and definitely worth the money. Strongly recommend you guys to try it if you're a friend of Apple Crumble! The crumble was definitely the best part of the dish. It was crunchy and every bite was perfection. You could taste the sweetness of the apple and pear! Yum yum yum. As for the ice cream, you had a choice. The waitress recommended Vanilla but we got another flavour instead. I can't remember what the flavour was cause it's quite long but I know it had the word creamy in it. For those who wana try it, it's the ice cream flavour at the bottom right of the menu. It's doesn't seem like big portion but definitely is filling, Even though JL and I shared it, there was still a little left.



And JL ordered a drink too. If I'm not wrong, this is the Iced Mochaccino. Wasn't really paying attention when she ordered cause I was taking photos and using WA oops. I tried a sip and thought it tasted quite average.

The best part of the experience was definitely the Crumble so get it if you're going there!

Blackbird Cafe - 6 Handy Road
                            The Luxe #01-01A

"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos."
Don Kardong

No comments:

Post a Comment