Sunday 14 July 2013

Wimbly Lu

Been wanting to check out Wimbly Lu for about 3 months now but never got to it because my list of 'Food I want to eat' is way too long. I finally managed to plan a lunch date with some of my classmates to Wimbly Lu after our Econs lecture. Btw, our lecture was a make up for Youth Day which I honestly don't get cause it's meant to be a holiday...

We took a bus to Nex and walked over to Wimbly Lu. The walk was about 10 mins long actually and it would have been really boring if we hadn't been playing Heads Up the whole time(Crazily addicted to it) We kept playing the music category and I'm sure we were a public nuisance hahaha! Or maybe our wonderful voices were serenading the strangers around us. Do keep in mind that the walk there it isn't sheltered so bring an umbrella if it's raining! And try not to go under the scorching, hot sun either.

Upon arriving, we were seated at a corner. We were seating on the sofas actually and it was really cosy. Furthermore, the place where we were seated is rather dim so it's a really nice place to talk. Well instead of talking we were playing Heads Up while waiting for our food. Speaking about food, that's kind of the main point of this post right? When I saw the menu, I wanted to order half the food they had. Best part? Breakfast was available till 2pm and we arrived at around 1pm! Breakfast for lunch for all of us :D Here are some photos of the entrance









Doesn't all the food look tempting? Now you know what I mean by spoilt by choices. We decided to order different food so that we can try a little of everything! Let's start by talking about the main course.


 Lasagne ($13.50)

This picture definitely doesn't do this Lasagne justice. Doesn't look good on cam but definitely taste wayyyyy better. The portion is quite big so I'm glad Jolene and I decided to share it. It was served piping hot(yay!) and it was pretty good. If you're planning of having desserts(must must must have), maybe you should share this with someone so that you won't be too full. After all, Lasagne isn't really a breakfast sort of meal.


Garlic Mushroom and Mozzarella Crepe ($9)

For all you cheese and garlic lovers out there, this is definitely for you. This was ordered by Joel and all of us got to try it. My first reaction after trying it was omg, the cheese is crazy. It was really cheesy which is good to me cause I love eating cheese. The garlic taste was pretty strong too so you should only order if you like garlic as well.


Bacon and Egg Crepe ($9)

When I saw this on the menu, I knew Jia Lin had to get it. JL, if you're reading this, I know you too well. She's always talking about bacon and bacon and more bacon. Hahaha! A little disappointed though cause the bacon was cut into really small pieces and you can't really taste it. The egg was quite alright though. It looks really plain in this picture but that's cause the filling is in the middle.


Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg on Toast ($6/11)

There are 2 prices for this dish because you could choose if you wanted 1 or 2 toast. John ordered this dish and of course he had 2 toasts cause he's John(hahaha sorry not sorry) Okay but I'm glad he ordered 2 cause I'd feel really bad if I ate it cause the portion was really small. So we all got to try a little and I thought this was the best main course out of those we ordered. The toast was toasted just nice and the egg was real good! It's not a really filling meal so it's more of a breakfast or tea time kind of meal. Well this was under the breafast section actually so I can understand the small portion.

Now.... time for the best part! DESSERT TIME! All of us except Joel ordered desserts :D Wimbly Lu is famous for desserts actually so how can you go there and not get desserts?!


Root Beer Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream ($6)

This dessert is pretty special actually cause there's root beer in it. The root beer taste it pretty strong too! I have a feeling my little brother would love this hahaha. Best way to eat it? Scoop the ice cream, cake and dip it in the root beer sauce below hohoho. Don't eat this separately k!


Rocky Road ($5)

A little embarrassed to say this but we all thought Rocky Road was an ice cream. John was expecting and ice cream and he got this instead. However, he was so happy it was a cake instead! There's marshmallows and nuts in it which makes it super yummy. We were all having a hard time trying to cut it though cause it was pretty hard. I thought that the marshmallow bit was the best! Might be a little too sweet though for some of you if you eat the whole cake. For those with a sweet tooth, just eat it all hahaha!


Crepe with Salted Caramel Ice Cream ($7.50)

TIME FOR THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY! This was definitely the best dessert we had and the best waffles I have ever had in my life! Not exaggerating. If you're going to Wimbly Lu, the waffles is a must have. It was really crispy and words can't describe how good it is. It's actually recommended by Ladyironchef actually which is why Jolene and I got it hahaha. There are a few choices for ice cream and syrup but we got maple syrup and Salted Caramel ice cream because maple syrup is the best and I just love Salted Caramel ice cream. Btw, I just had Salted Caramel ice cream at Pasarbella today hehehe. The next time I go to Wimbly Lu, I'd definitely order this again.

Now let's talk about the service there. Everyone was really friendly. We were actually trying to call for a cab cause we were late for our movie and one of the waitress noticed. She told us that smsing would be a lot faster so we took her advice! I love going to places like these.

The photos are not as clear because we were seated near the entrance which is pretty dim. If you go further in, it's really bright actually and hopefully I'd be seated there the next time so that I can take some clearer photos. However the dim lighting made the place really cozy and the sofas we sat on was perfect to talk to friends. I took some photos of the inner part too.





Oh! I almost forgot. I saw the prettiest car parked right outside this place. Took a photo of it and I now have found my dream car :D



All good things come to an end right? Well this is the end of this post but definitely not the end of my food hunt! New food post on a price friendly dessert shop at Vivo soon!

Wimbly Lu - 15-2 Jalan Riang
                     Singapore 358987

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Ernestine Ulmer






No comments:

Post a Comment