Monday 15 July 2013

Squirrel Bites

Met up with Natalie whom I haven't seen for 7 months cause she's studying in Australia! So lucky to be able to study overseas and gain a whole new experience. She's back in Aussie now and it's gona be months before I see her again ): Happy that we were able to find time to meet up when she was back in Sg for 2 weeks though. Met up with her to catch up on Friday and had a really good chat.

After dinner at Secret Recipe, I wanted to have dessert. I was afraid she'd be full though cause she finished her whole meal. Surprisingly, she was up for dessert! Apparently living in Australia has made her appetite bigger. The portions there are huge! But yay! We finally got to try out a place I've been wanting to try for a long time.

Remember a few post back when I went out with Yazmin to Vivo? I saw this little shop called Squirrel Bites that sold desserts. We didn't try it then cause we were too full alr. At first, I wasn't sure what dessert they sold. It kind of looks like pancakes but also like doughnuts. Who cares. As long as it's dessert, I'm up for it!



This is what I got and look at the size of it!!! Huge right? Now you must be wondering how much it cost. I thought it was quite cheap! It was only $5.50! It's quite worth it for the huge portion. I ordered the Sandy Trio(Nutella, Banana, Coconut flakes) and it was soooo sinful. I felt like I was eating 100g of fats with every bite but it's Friday! Friday calls for a celebration and I celebrated it with food.

This is actually a special fried pastry dough that is chewy on the outside and cripsy on the inside - coated in cinnamon sugar and tapped with delectable condiments. Sounds good right?



Here's what Nat got. She ordered Peaches and Nata Decoco with Vanilla ice cream. Btw, they use Ben and Jerry for the ice cream! Yum yum. Ben and Jerry's are the best! I actually have 2 tubs in the fridge waiting to be eaten hohoho.

You know how I said that mine cost $5.50? Well it would be if you got it alone. There is a promotion going on and you can ordered one of mine and Nat's one at only $6.50!!! It's so worth it. You pay an extra $1 and you can get a scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream with some toppings. We both split the cost so it was only $3.25 per person! Such a great deal. I thought $5.50 was cheap but omg, now it's only $3.25! You guys totally need to check it out.

The only downside to this place is that it's pretty small. It had 1 long table with about 6 stools for you to dine in. Luckily for us, the place was empty when we went so we got a seat :D But it'll be a real bummer if there isn't any seats. It's okay to walk around and eat it if you get ice cream but if you get something like mine, it would be quite a hassle. There was also only 1 staff managing the place so if it gets crowded, it might be quite a wait.

There are a few promotions going on and here's another one!



Overall, I found this place really price friendly and give it a 8/10!

Squirrel Bites -  Vivocity Level 2-129

"Laugh more. Grip less. Ignore Critics. Say yes. Order dessert. Love life."
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment