Saturday 13 July 2013

Mid-Night House: Best Korean BBQ

Hey guys! I know I said on IG that I'd blog about this place on Wed but I was just too busy these few days and I'm glad I finally managed to find time to blog about it. I actually have about 3 more posts coming up and they are all about food! Yeah, I'm a foodie. To those who constantly came to find out if this post was up yet, I'm so sorry! But hey, good things come to those who wait -wink-

After a day out at Pasarbella, we went out for dinner. My sister and I didn't know where we were going actually. I guess it's suppose to be a surprise(always fun) for us by Rifdi! Didn't know what we were in for but I'm really super duper extremely happy he brought us to this little shop.





How many of you are fans on Korean food? How many of you have been to Korea during the winter, had BBQ there and miss it? If it's yes to both questions, you'd want to check out this little gem. So let's start by talking about the workers there. Everyone there is Korean. I'm guessing it's opened by a Korean family hahaha. That's about as authentic as it gets! We went at around 9pm on a Saturday and it wasn't super crowded but I've heard that this shop is usually crowded towards midnight.

Upon sitting down, we were served with a lot of side dishes. I don't usually eat these kind of side dishes but my sister kept telling me to try the potato and so I did. Wow, best potato ever. Want to know what's the best thing about it? IT'S FREE! Yup! All the side dishes are free and you can keep asking for more if you've finished it. So we kept ordering and ordering more hahaha. You see the picture of the steamed egg down there? That was the highlight of the day to me. Ironic cause it isn't the main course but it's free and it's the best steam egg I've had. I had it before when I went to Korea and this one matches the standard of those in Korea. We kept asking for more and had 3 bowls in the end hahaha. One of the worker kept smiling at us and was sooooo polite when we asked for more. He was a little older and I'm assuming he's the chef? But it's always nice to be greeted with a smile. Nowadays it's hard to find friendly workers.





Ok, now it's time to talk about the main dish. We ordered beef because we are beef lovers and Rifdi can't eat pork. We ordered the slice beef brisket and the seasoned beef rib. The slice beef brisket is meant to be eaten with salt, onion, chilli and finally, wrapped in lettuce. Well I don't actually eat raw food and I'm not a vege lover so I was reluctant to eat the lettuce. Rifdi and my sister kept telling me it was really good though so I caved in and tried it in the end hahaha. And of course they were right! It tasted so much better than eating it alone. The chilli wasn't spicy actually. It served more like a sweet sauce. This is coming from someone who haven't eaten anything raw for about 5 years now and can't eat spicy food. Definitely a must try to eat it this way! On a side note, I've always seen the cast of Running Man eat it and never understood what's so good about it but I take that all back.




















Didn't take any photos of the seasoned beef rib unfortunately. I was too busy munching away on the yummy food hohoho. The staff there actually would help you cook your food and you could see the juices of the beef flowing out. We asked the waitress how they normally eat their beef rib. Like do they wrap it in lettuce too? She said they usually just dip it in the onion sauce. We tried it and it was mind blowing. You know what they say, you should always listen to the locals. I found the slice beef nicer though cause it wasn't so chewy. I kept chewing on the rib for quite a while hahaha. Maybe I have weak teeth but I'm a lazy chewer. Yeah, I'm quite weird. Nevertheless, the beef rib was pretty good.

Some of you might be wondering how much it all cost. Well it's time to be practical and talk about money. The 3 of us were discussing how much everything would cost. Just by ordering the slice beef and beef rib, it was $63. Rifdi was saying that it would be too cheap if it was only $60+ cause the rent there should be pretty high. Ok this is the best part, when the bill came, it really was only $60+!!!! That's about $23 per person! I find it a pretty good deal for a good, authentic Korean BBQ experience. Plus the staff there are just too friendly! Think about it. All the side dishes are free and you can keep asking for more. It's too good a deal to miss. So far, this shop is the closest it gets to authentic Korean BBQ. Definitely will bring my friends there one day!

Mid-Night House - 33 Mohamed Sultan Road #01-05/06

"Food is an important part of a balanced diet."
Fran Lebowitz

2 comments:

  1. Nice Angie, would love to try it. I am a Korean lover haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Any other nice korean food places to try out that you know of? (:

      Delete