Sunday 28 July 2013

Winter Symphony









Haven't blogged for awhile so I thought I'd do an outfit post on what I wore in Hong Kong! I was actually reading through my post on CNY in HK (which you can read here) when I saw this outfit and thought that I should do a post on it since it was one of my favourite outfit to wear. Okay so what I love about winter is definitely the fact that you can wear knit wear, trench coats, boots and basically look all huggable and cosy. Too bad there isn't winter here but being the shopaholic that I am, I still give myself an excuse to buy winter clothes in Singapore hehehe.

What I love about this outfit is definitely the trench coat!!! I've been wanting one of this for so long but they tend to be a little oversize for me cause of my petite physique. Yeah it sucks to be short. But I came across this beauty when I was in Forever New last year! Took me quite some time to convince my mum to get it cause it was a little pricey. But yay! I finally got it and so far, it's my favourite winter jacket that I own. Let me share a little secret with you, I actually have more than 20 winter jackets hehehe. I always believe that a jacket is more important than a shirt because you're always wearing your jacket during this cold season and people remember your jacket, not your shirt. True story. You can be wearing the same shirt for 5 days but with a different jacket each day and your friends would think that you're wearing something different. Morale of the story: buy more winter jackets.

The best part of the trench coat is definitely the sewing at the waist. It has a very flattering cut and because of this, you get an effect where it's tighter at the waist then flares out from then on. Just look at the first picture and you'll know what I mean. It's almost like a tutu. Too pretty to miss!

I wore this ensemble for CNY house visiting so I wore heels to match the occasion :D This are the comfiest pair of heels I own. It's actually about 5" high but I can walk in them for hours. This is because of the thick heel. Nevertheless, it can get tiring if you walk around a lot but that's what all heels do to you doesn't it?

The dress I wore is from Chaceylove and I bought is because of the cloud prints featured. It just looked so dreamy and 'fluffy'. I knew I had to get it. The length is just nice for me too! Yay! The only downside about this dress is that the sewing at the waist is not even but since I was wearing a jacket over it, no one could tell. This dress is still in my closet and I haven't worn it for a few months alr hahaha. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be a time where I'll wear it again.

On a side note, I'm gng for Smurfs 2 sneak preview today and there will be a pre event! Bringing my DSLR along so do look out for a post on it which I'll probably be doing tonight!

"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."
John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment