Wednesday 16 October 2013

TAL: Key-Hole

 
 
 
 
 

I always say that basics are a must have in every girl's wardrobe. Even though it's worth having dresses for special occasions, I still believe that basics are the most important apparels ever. That's the number 1 shopping rule I live by. There's always a reason to buy basics(: Be it that it's easier to mix and match, perfect for casual day out with your loved ones or just an outfit for school. Basics are a necessity.

If you're someone like me who hates re wearing outfits (I know this is a serious problem btw haha but I can't help it), basics are your best option because it's just so easy and fun to mix and match. What's more, you get to portray a different side of you when you pair it differently. Take this top for example. It's a really basic piece but it's versatility always amazes me. For something a little girlier, you could always opt to pair it with a skater skirt just like what I did in the photos above. I chose a white skater skirt for the simple reason that there's white on the top which btw, I absolutely love.

On casual days, you could opt for something like this.

 
 

Here's what I wore for the Afamggtvdlp warehouse sale. As the term 'warehouse sale' suggest, I was expecting a lot of ppl and so a skirt might not be the best option. For casual days like this, pair this basic top with a pair of denim and you're good and ready to go. I would wear it this way if I was going to a beach or bringing my doggies for a walk as well. I chose a yellow bag for that day because I wanted a pop of colour. Bright and sunny yellow always brightens up a day(:

Now to show you smth a little more classy.

 

This top isn't the one from TAL but it's smth similar. I just wanted to illustrate the fact that a simple top like this can be turned into something a little more formal. Just pair of with a maxi skirt and your favourite clutch and all's good. In case you're wondering, I actually wore this ensemble to Phantom of the Opera (which you can read here) before I managed to get my hands on TAL's top. If I had gotten this top earlier, I would have worn it cause it will stand out more due to the white colour at the collar.

Needless to say, I absolutely adore basics like TAL's top because of its versatility. It gives me more room to explore different type of styles which a printed dress wouldn't allow. Nowadays, I find myself buying more tops and bottoms and not dresses. I'm still in love with dresses but the problem with it is that it's really obvious when you're re wearing it. That really bugs me a lot haha!

Do check out TAL's Facebook page here and follow them on instagram at @theangelslabel for updates! Psst, highly recommend this top for it's comfy material and versatility.

Key-Hole Black Sleeveless Blouse - The Angels Label
Georgina Lace Swirl Skater Skirt in White - The Blush Inc
Black Maxi Skirt - The Velvet Dolls
Hardy Metal Tube Flat Sandals - ASOS, New Look
Black Heels - Love Bonito
Kamila Oriental Clutch in Black - Klarra
Yellow Bag - Katie Judith
Black Clutch - New Look
Orange Bracelet - Accessorize

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."
Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment