Monday 14 October 2013

Lola's Cafe

After school last Friday, Jolene and I checked out a quaint little cafe conveniently located outside Kovan MRT. I've been wanting to go to Lola's Cafe for quite awhile after seeing ladyironchef and Joyce's IG photos. Moreover, it's really near my school so I was actually planning to check it out one day after school. Initially, I wasn't too sure where it was so Jo and I used google map and found out that it was actually only 2 bus stops away from school! Deciding to be healthy, we walked instead of taking a bus hahaha.

What's really weird is that both of us have actually passed the cafe a lot of times but nvr noticed it. Not sure if that's a bad thing haha. It's quite a small cafe though so I guess that's why we miss it every time we walk pass. Even though it's small, there weren't many people there at the time we went. Understandable since we went on a weekday at around 12pm. It's been such a long time since we went out after school on a Friday. So glad we got to do it again! (:

The interior of the cafe was pretty cosy. We sat right inside the cafe so the lighting was even dimmer. It even started raining after awhile which made everything better hehe. Nowadays, rainy days are just too appealing. I love listening to the pitter patter of rain drops, comfortably snuggled in my knit wear(my latest obsession). Well, I was in my school u that day but it still felt nice.

The counter of Lola's cafe reminded me of Wimbly Lu. They do look pretty alike. Wimbly Lu had a wider range of desserts displayed though.

 

We could have ordered brunch then but we decided to change our taste a little and ordered cakes! We had 3 cakes to share. Well 2 cakes and 1 tart to be precise. Jo was craving for tarts haha!

 

For some reason, I can't seem to find the name of this cake of their menu online. I'm guessing this cake has just been added recently. I can only rmb that the name has the word praline in it. Out of all the 3 cakes we ordered, this was by far our favourite. I'm not sure if you guys have tried Coco Exotic from Four Leaves before but this taste just like it. So now you get to enjoy a slice of it instead of ordering the whole cake(: For those who have nvr tried Coco Exotic before,(highly recommend it to chocolate lovers btw) this slice of cake is basically rich in chocolate and has some crunchy chocolate bits at the bottom. For the price of $4, I thought that the price was really reasonable. As expected, Jo and I finished it within minutes :D

 

I can't find the name of this dessert on their online menu on well but if my memory serves me correctly, it was Sticky Apple Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream. I chose this cake actually and it was cause I really wanted something fruity and it has ice cream! Who can say no to ice cream hehehe. I'm not sure if I mentioned in my other posts before but Jo is very particular about her ice cream. She won't eat the cake if there's melted ice cream on it... So when this dessert arrived, she was very happy that the ice cream was pretty hard and solid. It only started melting after about 5 mins whereupon she frantically started eating the parts that weren't covered in melted ice cream.

Caramelised Banana with Earl Grey Tart with Pistachio Topping($4)

This dessert really left me and Jolene confused. It has a really unique taste and we couldn't decide if we liked or didn't like it. With every bite, we were more confused haha! The taste of banana, earl grey and pistachio were super strong. Not sure if these 3 ingredients are the best together but maybe it'll appeal to those who like all 3. The earl grey in the tart reminded me of mousse actually. Jolene said that she didn't like the texture of the Earl Grey though. It wasn't as smooth as she had expected it to be.

Do take note that Lola's Cafe is closed on Mondays.

On a side note, I ran 4km today! :D Going to go jog on Wednesday (hopefully) and try to complete at least 5km. Nike run, I'll be prepared or you hohoho.

Lola's Cafe - 5 Simon Road
                     S545892

"Life is short. Eat dessert first."
Jacques Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment