Tuesday 22 October 2013

Arbite

It's funny how I nvr ever knew that there were so many good food places at Serangoon. 3 weeks back, my family checked out a cosy brunch place at Serangoon Gardens called Arbite. We initially wanted to eat at home but since my aunt was in town, we decided to go out instead(:

Arbite is tucked at a corner on the second level. It's quite easy to miss it if you don't keep a lookout because its entrance was really small. After parking, we were walking around trying to find the place. Wasn't too hard to find if you're keeping a lookout.


We went there on a Sunday so it was pretty packed. My family got the last seats available (thank god) so we didn't have to wait! Must be our lucky day. After seating down, a queue started to form and the customers had to wait for quite a bit because there weren't many seats available. Just a tip, call to reserve seats!


As you can see, the tables were pretty close to one another. So you can actually hear the conv of the people seated next to you haha! It wouldn't be a problem if you're ok with noise but if you're the kind who prefers a quiet afternoon with your loved one, this probably won't be the best option for you.

Arbite Breakfast ($15.90)

Arbite Breakfast was actually what most of us ordered. It has everything a typical brunch would have and being a fan of food like this, I couldn't give it a miss! My sister and I initially wanted to order pancakes and Arbite Breakfast so that we can try different dishes but in the end, we both decided that Abite Breakfast looked too good. This dish was quite good actually. The bacon wasn't too salty and the sauteed mushrooms were fab(: Recommending this dish to those who are brunch lovers!

Smoked Salmon Croissant ($14.90)

Here's what my mummy ordered. I only tried the bread cause I'm not a fan of raw food if you haven't found out yet haha! My friends always say I have not lived cause I've nvr tried sashimi and raw salmon before but raw food is just ... to me. My mum seemed like she enjoyed it so that's good (:

Truffle Beef Burger ($18.90)

Here's what Rifdi got! I always find it quite sad that he can't have the typical brunch set cause there's usually pork in it haha! But there are still many other options available for our Muslim friends(:

 
Lemongrass Spaghetti Vongole ($23.90)

And the most expensive dish of that day haha! My brother wasn't feeling really brunch ish so he ordered a proper meal instead. Little brother is eating huge amounts recently and a regular brunch set wouldn't be enough for him. Guess that's the problem with big appetites! I tried a little and it was quite good! Not smth I would order at a cafe though. Cafe just echoes pastries and brunch to me.


After eating, we realised that we were still a little hungry so we ordered pancakes! Doesn't it look really pretty :D Smiley face to kick start your weekend! I wouldn't recommend this dish though. 7 of us actually shared this dish so we all tried a little only. But that little bit was enough to make us cringe cause it was way toooooo sweet! I can't imagine how 1 person can finish this whole dish by himself/herself! I would say order this dish only if you're gona share it with a few ppl.

And a few other photos from that day!
 
 

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Lewis Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment