Thursday 24 October 2013

JFxLB Fashion Show!

I'm so so so excited to be blogging about the JFxLB Fashion Show cause it's the very first fashion show I've been too! There were so many celebs and even though it's been close to a week since the event, I'm still starstruck hehe! Saw celebs such as Fann Wong, Xu Bin, Ming Bridges, Xia Xue and many more!

Before the event, Jolene and I went to have dinner at Kraze Burger first. We wanted to go back to Hoshinoya for their awesome curry pot rice but the queue was too long and we didn't want to wait in heels :/ Kraze Burger didn't have a queue then so we went there!

 

We got to MBS at around 8.30pm and were afraid that we would be late at first! Turns out, the show started late so we ended up queuing for more than an hour. Thank god we had the company of each other and ended up talking about everything in the world to pass the time away haha! I also bumped into my ex piano teacher and her daughter there! Haven't seen her for years. Fancy seeing her at a fashion show.

When we were finally able to go in, we had to stand around the runway. That's when we saw all the celebs. They were seated right opposite us and it was super funny seeing all the reporters take photos of them. Especially when Fann Wong entered the place. The flashes were just everywhere!

Here's some photos from the fashion show(:

 
 
 


The set was really pretty with trees around and all. Kind of felt like I was in Europe during the fall season. The outfits were really pretty and Jolene and I found ourselves eyeing on a few designs. My favourite had to be a black tube maxi which I unfortunately don't have a photo of cause I couldn't capture it. It would be perfect for prom!

And here's us being us

 

Going to insert a short ootd!

 

Here's what I wore that day! Decided to go black, white and gold. Kind of felt like some Egyptian goddess haha! Cause the fashion show is by Love Bonito, I decided to wear smth that I got from their shop. The top is from LB and I really like it cause of the crochet details. I normally avoid corset tops cause I don't find them that flattering but the cutting of this top is really good. Paired it with a maxi skirt and heels. Matched it with Klarra's clutch cause it was black and gold :D I really love the gold backing of this clutch. Makes it look more elegant don't you think?

And my make up for the night!

 

Ok the first photo was without any makeup. I only had lip gloss on then. Then I went to Jolene's place and she wanted to help me apple makeup so tadah! Hahaha! Had such a fun time at her place(: We were youtubing videos on make up tutorials and playing around with them. Kind of felt like we were getting ready for prom or smth. It's like the typical scene you see in movies when girls get together and do all sorts of girly things haha!

Speaking of happy things, I am glad to say that Jolene, John, Cornelius and I all got promoted to JC2 and are all OGLs!!! I'm really looking forward to the year ahead and many more years after our JC lives with them. I love them very very much and can't imagine how different it would have been without any one of them. Beauty and the beasts forever!!

"You can never be overdressed or overeducated."
Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment