Thursday 27 March 2014

Aunt's visit to Singapore!

Hello all! Hope you're surviving the first week of school if you're a student haha! I've actually fallen ill on the first week and that's quite a bummer but I'm feeling a lot better today and will be able to go to school tmr! (:

Last week, 2 of my aunts came over to Singapore for a visit! They arrived on Thursday and left on Monday. It was quite an eventful week with them over cause my parents planned things to do and all. Not to mention the crazy amount of mahjong we played. Smth about the Yip family, we play mahjong... a lot. I'm quite sure I started as young as 7. Hahaha I sound like some crazy gambler but yeah. I guess it's cause we're from Hong Kong and ppl there play a lot of mahjong. For us, it's kind of like a time to bond. Think of it as your family time out for dinner or playing monopoly.

Well on Thurs, they arrived in the afternoon so they had a short nap before gng out for dinner! We had a simple dinner at  a hawker centre at Tampines. We ordered chilli crab, black pepper crab, cereal prawn, vege, tofu and buns. I think that's about it!

 

On Friday, my mum and sister both had to go to work while my brother had to do a project with his friends so it was just me, my dad and both my aunts. We decided to go to Fullerton Hotel to take some photos! It's opposite MBS, where the Merlion is! Despite coming to Singapore so many times, both my aunts have actually nvr been there before! So my dad brought them there and we spent about an hr being all tourist and taking photos. Being a tourist in my own country haha!

 
 
 
 

After which, we went out to shop at Orchard! I actually saw a really pretty pair of shorts at Pull&Bear but I didn't get it and I regret it so much now! Going to go out to Orchard today to see if it's still available. Oh! I'm also really happy cause I tried on size 22 for the pair of shorts and it fits perfectly! I'm a usual waist 24 so that means I lost weight yay! Well at my waist at least! My brother and I also went to buy TWG macaroons. My favourite has got to be the caramel one! It's their best seller actually and now I'm craving for some

 

For dinner, we went to Pow Sing at Serangoon Gardens for their awesome chicken rice! And at night, we taught our aunts how to play Singapore mahjong. They usually play the Hong Kong one so I guess it's smth new for them.

Btw, does my dress look familiar? I wore the same dress in white to Mr. Goh's wedding! The cut was so flattering that I bought the one in blue too hehe. You can read more about it here!

Well for Sat, we went out to the airport to have Crystal Jade! I just love dim sum haha!

 
 

The fun part came after lunch! My aunts decided to teach us how to play Taiwan mahjong and wow, it's so much more fun! Personally, I think it's more fun then the other types of mahjong I know. A little on Taiwan mahjong, instead of starting with 13 tiles, you start with 16. And you don't stack the tiles up but instead, place them one row up, one row down. We got the hang of it really fast and ended up playing 20 rounds. 20 rounds. Yes, 20 rounds. That's the most I've played since forever! The maximum I play is 16 rounds haha! When we swopped seats for the 17th round, all our arms and neck were aching but it was just too much fun to stop!

On Sunday, we went to S.E.A Aquarium! I'll be doing a blogspot about it soon so I shan't talk much about it here! Did you know you can swim with the dolphins for $248!!! It's quite expensive but I wana gooooooooo. I love dolphins hehe.

 

"Family means no one gets forgotten or left behind."
David Ogden Stiers

No comments:

Post a Comment