Thursday 6 March 2014

Problems of a Procrastinator 101

So this is pretty different from my usual post which usually have a specific focus. My brain feels so drained right now and I can't wait for CTs to finally be over. Studying for CTs has been my top priority for about 2 weeks and it's the time of the year where I'm bashing myself up for procrastinating hahaha. Constant phrases you'll hear me say are "I should have studied earlier", "I seriously need to stop procrastinating", "I don't think I can finish studying everything so I'm gona spot" etc. Well you get the gist.

Like 3/4 of the teenagers out there, I'm a procrastinator haha! Ok but to be clear, I'm a really good procrastinator. I can study well under pressure but of course sometimes I feel like giving up and just going to sleep(which I do on certain days cause I'm such a pig). To be honest, I wouldn't say I'm super nervous for CTs but I'm definitely not prepared. At the back of my mind, I know that the grades this time round doesn't matter that much cause I actually know that if I had studied earlier, it would have been better. It's not a scenario where I get horrible grades cause I genuinely not know how to answer an essay q. And even though Mr Chee left SR, his advice on how our grades will nvr define who we are still stick with me up till now.

Just to sidetrack to last year but I actually only started studying for promos 3 weeks before. Yah I know whaaaaaaat?! Many of my friends started months before then there's me.. haha! But I still cleared promos with result that really took me by surprise to be honest! But ironically, this CTs feels more stressful than promos. I haven't hit the stage where I just shut down and start crying and laughing at the same time cause I'm so panicky (which actually happened at 1am before my Econs promos last year) but it's just I'm so unprepared. In case you're wondering, no, I didn't manage to study everything for Econs promos but thank god we have the option of selecting which question to do. Perks of an Arts student!

And with this, I promise to start studying for As after March hols so that I can finally say I didn't procrastinate and to also ensure that I have a social life. I've been stuck within the 4 walls of my room staring at my History/Econs notes everyday and I refuse to go out cause I know I don't have time. Judging from my IG, I'm leading a pretty boring life and I haven't posted anything for about 5 days. Yeah I judge my life through my instagram (don't judge). Haha! And I'm pretty sure this is gona be the case till next Friday! But expect an influx of posts the minute March hols start!(:

It's funny how I'm doing this post now and texting Jolene at the same time about what question we think will come out for History. Not only are we spotting topics, we're spotting questions within a topic hahaha! #bffdoesstupidthingstgt

Now to smth a little more cheerful, I'm really glad to have my awesome friends with me through this period! Even when we panic, we panic together. Yup, that's what friends are for hahaha. Really random but I actually gained 4kg since the start of school. You know what that means? School makes me fat cause I snack too much in class.

Oh! I also bought a dress today to encourage myself from all the studying! So many new clothes to wear and I can't wait to share them with you guys over the March hols!(: So that's about it and I really need to sleep. It's only 10.17pm but I'm so drained. Let's all pray that factors of decolonisation national unity will come out. Pray pray pray.

Love you!

"It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter."
Marlene Dietrich

No comments:

Post a Comment