Saturday 27 September 2014

Yellow Cup Coffee

Cause Jo was craving for waffles, we decided to check out Yellow Cup Coffee after reading reviews of it online with our cafe hopping group!

First thought when I arrived there, they have really cute toys on all tables!! It's such an interesting concept and all of us had fun with it while waiting for our food(: Not so much on playing with it but more of figuring what each of them does haha!


So while we were waiting for our food, we were playing around with the toys. We also noticed that YCC's tables are generally quite large so they'll fit around 7-8 ppl per table. There are limited number of small tables so if you're gng in a small group, chances are you'll have to share a table with someone else! That was the case for most of the ppl sitting at a large table. A little weird but I probably wouldn't mind. But luckily for us, we occupied the whole table haha! (No one can judge us for being amazed with the toys hehe)

Scrambled and Salmon ($15)

YCC's brunch menu is pretty limited and they only have one dish that has scrambled eggs ): Most of their dishes involve poached eggs but I don't really like them so I was kind of stuck with getting waffles. Normally, I like my waffles to be topped with ice cream and chocolate. Unfortunately (or fortunately), YCC only offers fruit or the waffles you see up there! Seeing that one of the waffles had scrambled eggs, I decided to go with it! Turns out, it was really yummy! In my opinion, best dish there! The waffles were fluffy and cooked perfectly. The smoked salmon was really yummy too! Just that it made me really thirsty after haha!


Here's what Wai Yheng got! Btw she insisted on taking a photo of her with her food and the gnome. She was weirdly attracted to the gnome (I still love you Wai haha). This dish was pretty good too! A little light so definitely not for those who have a huge appetite.

Twin Salmon Nest ($15)

And here's what Lynne got! I tried the poach egg and it was surprisingly, really nice! Well that's coming from someone who doesn't really like poach eggs so that has got to mean something right? Haha! The salad looks really average though and if I'm not wrong, Lynne didn't eat it.

Grilled Ham and Cheese ($9)

Rachel ordered this and actually, I was also contemplating between this and the waffles that I got. It's your classic, simple ham and cheese sandwich. Nothing fancy but nothing bad as well(:

Fruity Waffles ($8)

And Jolene got her waffle fix! I knew she would order this out of all the waffles cause she really likes eating fruits. For $8, this is one of the cheaper waffles around. Normally, waffles are above $10 but I guess it's cause the topping for this is rather plain. It's still really good though and you should get it if you're into fruits!


And my ootd for the day! Couldn't take more shots cause it was difficult at that timing. The sun was up and the lighting was really bad but glad Jo managed to capture this(:

Florida Tropical Dress - El-ska
Get Bow T Sandals - El-ska
Yellow Cup Coffee - 20 Havelock Road

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."
Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment