Saturday 13 September 2014

18!

Okay I realise this post is a month late but better late than nvr right? Haha and I really want to jot this down in this space to always remind myself how lucky I am(:

I didn't celebrate my birthday on a large scale as usual where I'd throw a party and all cause it was on the week of prelims. Just 4 days before prelims actually so you can imagine the amount of studying all my friends and I were busy with. However, despite being so busy, my best friend (and may I add, awesome baker) decided to organise a mini party for me in school even though we alr made plans to go out on my birthday! She baked me an oreo cheesecake which is honestly, the best oreo cheesecake I have ever tried hehehe

My classmates stayed back on a Friday to celebrate my birthday with me(: I alr knew Jo was planning it and of course, she wouldn't be able to organise a surprise party with me literally by her side every single minute in school. (Yeah, we even go to the toilet tgt. I think it's a girls thing) She actually did manage to pull off a surprise party last year though by saying that she was too busy to bake a cake and I believed her haha! Nevertheless, she still tried to surprise me by presenting me with a box of literally a packet of oreo and cheese cause she said she didn't have time to bake.
 

 I actually believed her cause I understood that it's prelims and everyone is studying. But before I could even respond, everyone started singing and she brought out the actual cake!

 
 
 

If you need to know one thing about my class, that'd be we are forever hungry. We nvr ever use plates and knifes to eat a cake. We just all grab a fork, and start devouring. Rachel once timed how long we took to eat John's cake which Jo baked as well, and we took less than 5 mins to finish it. And John's cake was bigger than mine so I guess we probably took around 4 mins to finish this. #noshame

 

And here's proof.

And here are more photos with some of my classmates!



(I look really unglam when I laugh, I know)
 
 

And that was about it for my 'surprise' celebration in school(:

On the actual day, Jolene celebrated it with me as well and treated me to a buffet! We actually googled on a few places and decided to have it at Swisscafe cause, actually there wasn't any specific reason hahaha. 


Did I mention there were macarons?!?! I ate around 7 hehe. 


After the buffet, we decided to walk over to Raffles Hotel to my favourite garden to take photos! Yeah, we pretty much ended up jumping around and pretending to gallop like horses cause there was no one there hehe. 

 (I can't help but point out that Jo's necklace slapped her in her face. I'm sorry Jo, I had too hahahaha)
(Just look at Jo's face hahahaha omg I don't even think it was intentional?!)

We jumped till we actually perspired a lot and we did so for about half an hour till we decided the heat is unbearable and all we wanted was to be in an air conditioned place haha! Well that was pretty much how I spent the actual day, with my bestie Jo! Special shout out to her for always taking time out for listening to my rants, problems, happiness, and pretty much just everything cause I really talk a lot(:

Of course, my family celebrated it with me too! But not on the actual day even though my mum wanted to take leave cause I told them I alr made plans. Celebrated it on a Saturday instead by gng to Astons! Decided to go to the one at the airport cause it was near my place which means I'd have more time to study (super mugger I know)

Usual car selfies with the siblings.

 

And here are more photos taken during dinner!


And just because there wasn't any nice photo spots at this terminal, my family went all the way to T3 just to take photos haha. Meet the Yip family.


So that's pretty much how I spent my birthday this year! A rather long post but I tried to condense it to as short as possible haha. Anywho, As are coming in less than 2 months (boohoo) so I'l probably be blogging less cause I won't be gng out that often! 

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
Geroge Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment