Sunday 7 September 2014

Percolate

Most of my friends will know this but I actually have an album on my phone for brunch places that are near mrt stations to check out! Everytime I see a photo on IG for a brunch place, I'd click on the location to find out where it is and then save it for future references. One of the places in my album is Percolate, simply because it's at Bedok which is relatively near my place.

I went there with Heyse on Monday to get my cake craving satisfied! I kind of know it's under some HDB blocks cause I've seen photos of it but when we were walking to Percolate from the MRT, it still feels quite weird and random to have a cafe haha! Not complaining though cause it just means greater convenience for the majority of us (:


It's actually located next to a hawker centre and a clinic hahaha!

Upon arriving, we got the last seats available! We were a little shocked at how crowded it was on a Monday afternoon. The cafe is quite small actually and seats are limited so I guess it's really about luck!

Banoffee Cake ($7)
Salted Caramel Cake ($6.50)

Heyse and I decided to get 2 different cakes to try even though we both wanted the salted caramel one haha! For the Banoffee cakes, it's actually a mix of toffee and bananas. Both cakes aren't too sweet which is awesome cause that means you won't get sick of it after awhile. A little bland for my liking though. I prefer my cakes to be 'richer' in flavour I guess. This would definitely click with those who like their cakes simple!

Percolate does sell other food such as sandwiches, muesli and bread. But that's pretty much about it! Hence it's probably a better choice for a tea break or when you just want smth light. Definitely won't be a lunch kind of place! I'm still glad I found this place in the East cause it's quite rare to find one near here(:

Percolate - 136 Bedok North
                  Avenue 3
                  #01-152

"Love is like a good cake; you never know when it's coming. but you'd better eat it when it does!"
C. JoyBell C.

No comments:

Post a Comment