Monday 28 July 2014

Tiong Bahru Bakery

Paid Tiong Bahru Bakery a visit after walking pass it when I was at Outram area during the June hols. And who better to go with then with Kylie! I haven't met her in 4 years (very long right?) so I thought that that would be a nice place to sit down and have a conv without feeling all guilty for 'hogging' the seats. It's not that the bakery is really big but I guess it's because Outram Park has lots of cafes. So if it's crowded, ppl can just check out another cafe haha!

 
Chocolate Almond Croissant

Tiong Bahru Bakery is famous for their croissants so of course I couldn't give it a miss when I'm there! I'm not a huge croissant fan but this was definitely really, really tasty. It's so crispy and fresh! One thing to note though, I couldn't finish it cause we bought other pastries as well haha! Definitely advisable to share it with a friend so that you can try out other pastries (which you definitely would want to cause they're so pretty)

 
Chocolate Croissant

And Kylie ordered a croissant too! If you ask me, the almond one was a lot nicer so unless you hate almonds, get the almond one instead! Kylie faced the same issue with me and that is, we both didn't finish our croissants haha! 

 
Banana Chocolate Crumble

And this was the highlight of the meal for us! I've previously tried their apple crumble and thought that it was super good! So I decided to try another flavour and of course it didn't disappoint hehe. It's rich in chocolate so a definite must try for chocolate lovers! Definitely have to share it with a friend if not it probably will get too sweet. If you're not that keen on chocolate, try out apple or berry flavour! The crumble is just super good and you shouldn't give it a miss.


Mixed Fruit Tart

And to counter the sweetness of the chocolate, we decided to get smth a little sour. I really like this cause I'm a berry person. Could go without it though cause it wasn't anything spectacular.

 
Cappuccino

We both ordered a cup of Cappuccino cause eating bread alone without coffee is just... weird. Haha! And it also makes our instagram photo so much nicer. Just look at the photo below.

 

Yup, a cup of coffee definitely makes the photo complete.

So that's it for this post. Currently very deprived of gng out cause prelims are nearing so bear with me for these few weeks! Won't be updating this page as often as I'd like to but I'm definitely gng to be back after!

Tiong Bahru Bakery - 56 Eng Hoon Street

"No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for "Before Coffee""
Cherise Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment