Thursday 24 July 2014

Escape Hunt: Sherlock Holmes Edition

(Sponsored)

Whoop whoop! Super, extremely happy to have been invited for an escape room event again! I've had a lot of fun when I went to the escape room the other time so I'd say I did have quite high expectations for this one as well. Just to be clear but Escape Hunt and Phantom Joker Escape are 2 different places(:

This time round, I could bring a +1 and who else but Jolene to bring! It was extra fun having her around and both of us panicked, cracked our brains and solved the mystery tgt. We went for the event straight after school which explains why we're both in school u hahaha.

Escape Hunt is super convenient to get to actually. It's located in between Dhoby Ghaut and Somerset and is about a 5mins walk from both MRTs. Jo and I got off at Dhoby and walked there. It's in the Concorde Hotel and Shopping Mall which is right next to Plaza Singapura and near the Istana.There's no way you can miss it cause it's quite a big building.


What struck me first was definitely the interior decor of the place. I was totally in shock cause this wasn't what I expected it to look like. The Lit student in me got all excited cause I felt like I was brought to Britain which is what I'm currently studying about now! The staff there shared with us that the sofa you see in the photos are actually custom made by the owner! And even the wooden chairs(which aren't in the photos) were specially selected from an antique store. I was really amazed at the amount of thought placed behind the furnishing. The decor definitely provides you with a different perspective and the amount of thought that what behind the decor is commendable(:


And here's our game master for the day! She's really friendly and super approachable! Her bubbly personality kind of reminded me of Bubbles from PPG hehe. Well so we were split into groups and I was in the same group with Jolene, Serene and Timonthy. Jo and I didn't know Serene and Tim before the event but we soon became friends and now are all IG buddies :D

So as with every escape game, our game master shared with us the backdrop of the mystery that we're suppose to solve. For this game, we were detectives and are suppose to solve the mystery of a murder. I can't rmb the exact details but you'd find out when you're there. She also shared that for every hint we ask for, a minute will be deducted from our timer.

We all placed our bags in a corner and off we go to become Sherlock Angie, Jolene, Serene and Tim!

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, no cameras and phones for this event and hence, no photos of the room. But I probably wouldn't post it if I have it anw cause then it ruins the fun. Well anw, we had an hr to solve the mystery and I'm so proud to say.... WE DID IT!!! First time for both Jo and I to have solved a crime! Have to give credit to our game master though cause she prompted us here and there but we didn't explicitly asked for help so we didn't have to forefeit any time. That also mean that the hints she gave us were really subtle which is quite awesome cause it just make us feel more like successful detectives.

And now comes the best part... we were all given cute little costumes to dress like SHERLOCK HOLMES. My heart skipped like 20 beats or smth when they told us we could take photos in them and to spice things up, they even provided props as well to fit the whole Sherlock theme.


And a spam of photos happened #noshame


And a few individual shots which Jo kindly offered to help take (:


I'm quite sure my group spent a good 20 mins taking photos. Serene and Tim both had cameras too so they had to keep switching cameras haha! But I'm quite excited to read their blogs to see how those photos turned out! We changed poses and props with every photo so none would be repetitive! Thank god for spontaneous friends who poses as ridiculously as you so that you won't look retarded alone hehehe. The photo op is available for everyone who takes part in the Escape Hunt so don't worry, you can get a chance too!

After which, they provided us with light refreshments. One thing really special about Escape Hunt is that they offer complimentary biscuits and tea. And their teas are from TWG! My absolute favourite. Tea and biscuits, how much more English can it get!


Ah, good ol tea after the game to just sit back, relax and look through photos.

For those of you interested in checking Escape Hunt out, here are their price rates!

2 pax - $38/pax
3 pax - $33/pax
4 pax - $30/pax
5 pax - $28/pax

Their rates work in a way which makes it more worth it to go in a group. Personally, it's probably more fun to go in a group as well cause more brains are definitely better. Especially for such mind boggling games.

If you're planning on gng in a pair, fret not cause they won't combine groups! The whole room will still be exclusively yours(: So no worries on making a fool of yourself in front of stranger hahaha. Btw, this is totally a valid concern cause some of the things you end up saying in there are super embarrassing. Omg, everything in there seems suspicious to the 4 of us that basically we picked up every single object and went "do you think this is important"

Escape Hunt isn't the cheapest but they provide great value for money as they deliver much better games than anyone out there. *nods head in approval* In fact, their games and designed by a UK Mensa member, who has a Masters in Psychology from Cambridge. They are multi-dimensional, and non-linear. Their game play follows a strong story line and are logical, not random.

I'd definitely recommend if you're looking to try out smth new and trust me when I say it'll be worth it(: I know quite a few of my friends are interested in gng and I hope you'll find this post useful!

Mandatory selfies to end the post hehe


 

Escape Hunt - 100 Orchard Road
                        Concorde Hotel & Shopping Mall
                        Lvl 2

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment