Monday 7 July 2014

Nakhon

Checked out Nakhon last Friday with Jo after school ended. Back to our usual Friday lunch dates! Hehehe love days like this when we end early.

Initially, we thought of walking from our school to Nakhon but then it started to rain so we decided to take a bus instead. It's really near our school actually and it's just 2 bus stops away! (Kovan MRT) And after a 5mins we were there!

Nakhon isn't very big but luckily for us, there were seats available! Guess it's cause it's a Friday and almost everyone is at school or work so we didn't have to wait!

 
Thai Style Fried Kway Teow ($4)

My sister gave me the ??? look when I told her I got Char Kway Teow at Nakhon. Who goes to a Thai place to get this right? But in my defence, it said Thai Style Char Kway Teow. Turns out, it was just ordinary CKT with Thai chilli at the side. It's quite good though but you probably wouldn't want to go all the way to a Nakhon to get this cause you can get it at any hawker centre hahaha.

 
Pad Thai ($5)

Now this is what you should be getting at Nakhon! Their Pad Thai is really superb and 10x better than the one my school sells. This happens to be Jo's favourite dish to order at a Thai restaurant as well(: Oh yeah! The chilli is insanely spicy though. I tried a little and gulped down a whole glass of water after hahaha! 

Red Ruby ($3)

I'm not a fan of Red Ruby cause I have sensitive teeth and it's so torturous to eat it. Well basically I don't eat anything with lots of ice such as Ice Kachang, Snow Ice etc. It'll definitely appeal to all of you who likes cold desserts though!

Mango Sticky Rice served with Coconut Milk ($5)

And here's the main reason why I wanted to check out Nakhon. I've been having a craving for Mango sticky rice ever since 2 weeks back when I had one at Outram area. It's just so yummy and I can't have enough of it! I was super excited to finally be able to eat it again but turns out... it was really disappointing. The glutinous rice wasn't sweet at all. To be frank, it's just tasteless. The mango wasn't as sweet as the one I had before too. I'm so going to go back to the shop at Outram I chanced upon one day!

Nakhon - 212 Hougang Street 21
                
"Laughter is brightest where food is best."
Irish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment