Thursday 1 May 2014

Will Run'14

Will Run is one of the key events in SR where everyone have an opportunity to break through barriers and run 10km or even more! I've blogged about my experience last year here but this year, things were a little different for me. Instead of running around like a chimpanzee, I had to sit out and cheer instead. I was excused cause of the recent tooth problem I've had which in a way, is actually a relief for me. We didn't train as much this year which I honestly have no idea why. We only started in term 2 and had less than 2 months to train! It's quite weird actually. The J1s started in term 1 and got a longer time to train. Moreover, they pushed Will Run 4 months earlier this year so from having 6 months to train, we only have 2. The maximum I've ran prior to this event this year is only 4km so... yeah.

Well but I was still really excited to go for the event! For one reason or another, many of my classmates are excused too so the number of ppl excused were more than those running haha! We had to report at 6.45am (yawn) to get ready. Well I became our class photographer for the day since I wanted to try out my camera and got some really nice photos! Around 7am, all of us got ready and moved to our location to start cheering on the rest.

 
 
 
(That's actually the number of ppl not running excluding Phil haha!)

 

Oh! Ms Wang's son also came to visit us! He's so adorable and all my classmates were swooning over him. Not kidding, just check out the photos below!

 
 
 
 
 

He's too cute! Well after meeting Ms Wang's son, most of us went to the canteen to get food cause we were too hungry. The run has already started then but we figured that we should fulfill our starving tummies first. We all got kebabs and froyo! This is my first time trying kebabs and it was soooo good! Definitely worth the $4 cause it was so filling!

 

After eating and talking, we decided to head back to cheer on those running! There were lots of house cheers gng on (mostly Aquila cause we're awesome) and the atmosphere was really great! My class also happened to be near 1SR21, the CG group I was in charge of during orientation. Ended up gng over there quite often to catch up with them! Mostly the guys cause the girls were all running.

 

I actually had to re learn some of their names cause 2 days during orientation wasn't enough haha! So embarrassing but I got some of their names wrong. Oh well, at least now I know their names (hopefully!)

Well back to more cheering and photo taking sessions

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And then it was time for the guys to run! On a side note, Jolene managed to run 12km! She ran finish 10 in 1h and 1 min. Super fast right... My bestie is a fast runner haha!

 
 
 
 
 

Funny story. So apparently there was a NS guy who winked at Cornelius when he ran past him. Just when we thought it was a coincidence (maybe he was winking at some girl or had an eye spasm moment), he ran pass corn on his second round and smiled at him. All of us were laughing so badly. Of all ppl, it had to be Corn. So us being us, we made Corn hi 5 him the next time he ran pass. We all were standing in a line waiting for him to run pass again. Half the time our conv was "omg is it him", "what if he really hi 5 Corn" and then of course there was Corn being all "omg I don't dare" "Wah you all..."

But he still did it! And yes, the guy did respond. Corn chickened out and didn't hi 5 but instead, started cheering for him haha! It was super hilarious! Didn't manage to capture a photo of them tgt but I did manage to snap photos of Corn cheering him on!

  
 

Corn was clearly elated haha! Funniest thing that happened during Will Run hands down. Well after that chaotic and hilarious cheering, we carried on cheering for the rest of the runners!

 
 
 
 

And it was finally time for the closing ceremony. We all headed to the gallery to get seats! It was soooo stuffy there cause there were so many perspiring SRJCians there haha! Even those who didn't run ended up perspiring. Honestly at the point of time, I just wanted to go home cause I was so sleepy. Will Run should be an evening event. It would be so much better to run then!

 
 

Ended the event with the college dance!

 
 
 

So that's it for Will Run this year! Thinking back, I'd actually would have preferred running cause cheering for 3h is quite... boring. After awhile, it got kind of boring. Oh well, it was a new experience and I did have loads of fun with my friends!

"If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon."
Emil Zatopek

No comments:

Post a Comment