Sunday 19 January 2014

Little Diner

As promised, here's a post on Little Diner! Decided to kick start my 2014 right with brunch with the siblings which my awesome sister actually ended up treating us to haha! I've heard so much about Little Diner and have been wanting to go there for quite some time. The problem with most brunch places is that they are pretty much inaccessible without a car... So since my sister could drive that day, we decided to check the place out.

 

It was quite crowded on that day since it was a public holiday but we didn't have to wait for a seat. Think we got the last seats in the house. We spent some time looking through the menu and deciding what to eat. Just a little note but they don't serve all day brunch so do rmb to check out what time are their brunch timings if you're planning to get it!

 
Hot Chocolate ($4.90)

Got my usual hot drink for our brunch date. It just doesn't feel right drinking smth cold for brunch haha! I used to love ordering cold drinks but somehow a hot drink seems to pull a meal tgt. Chose a cup of Hot Chocolate that day and it was really good. Not too sweet, just the way I like it. Probably not the most photo worthy drink ever though haha!

 
 Latte ($4.90)

And my sister got her usual Latte. Oh I just learnt smth really interesting the other day. I was watching a show about coffee art and apparently a good coffee art will not change shape all the way till the last sip. Gues who's gona be going around drinking coffee and observing when the coffee art starts to change shape :D

 
Version 2.0 Baked Mac n Cheese ($19.50)

This look jaw dropping, mouth watering, scrumptiously delicious good. I knew what I wanted to order before even looking at the menu because I saw a photo of their Mac n Chesse beforehand. I'm a huge Mac n Cheese lover and I haven't had it for quite some time so I thought it would be nice to try their version of it. It's really creamy so the first few bites were amazing. However it's not wise to eat it alone. You gotta share it with someone if not you'll find it a problem finishing it. It's just too creamy haha! Glad I decided to share it with my sister so the portion was just nice.

 
Delancey Red Velvet Pancakes ($13.50)

I've previously seen a photo of their red velvet pancakes on Beatrice's instagram and that's how I got to know about Little Diner actually. My brother decided to try it and I had a little too. It's pretty much your ordinary pancakes I guess. Nth to rave about but nth bad about it either.

Little Diner - 789 Bukit Timah Road

"People who love to eat are always the best people."
Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment