Saturday 15 February 2014

Orientation: Dream The Impossible

One of the best decision I've ever made was to become a CA/OGL. I've learnt so much about myself and made quite a number of new friends. I'll nvr forget all the crazy things we did together and how I wish I could turn back time to when I first met my OG. Orientation occurred over a span of 5 days and I was attached to my OG for a day and my CG for 2 days(: There's just so much to talk about so I guess I'll be breaking up the events and will require a few more posts to cover them haha!

So on the very first day, all of us had to report at 6.30am to get ready to welcome the freshmen. We went through our energiser one more time which basically consists of 2 dances, a song and 2 cheers. The whole energiser was about 8 mins and it was super tiring but fun at the same time.

Every year, a few OGLs would pretend that they're J1s in order to mingle around. Kind of like a prank haha! Last year, I fell for it too. I was actually the first in my line last year and my OGL told me she was J1. We hit it off really well and somehow the conv went to "I think I'm going to appeal to NYJC". Yeah and my OGL actually said "Omg, me too. Let's appeal tgt" So you can tell how embarrassing it was when I found out she was my OGL hahaha!

Funny thing is that this year, Jolene and I coincidentally both ended up pretending to be J1s and it just so happens that our groups are next to each other so we ended up seated next to each other in front. We decided to re enact out first day of school and said the exact same things that we said to each other.

"Hello! I'm Jolene. What it your name?"
"Hey! I'm Angie. Are you Thai btw? Hahaha"
"HUHHHH NOOOO! That's the first time anyone said that to me!"
"Oh seriously? You look like a friend of mine who is from Thailand haha!"

Ok but in my defence, I honestly have a friend from Thailand who looks like Jo. So anw, we started to mingle around and at about 8am, the music started playing. All the OGLs pretending to be J1s got up and did the energiser. Think of it as smth similar to a flashmob. I made friends with Hui Qi and Jun Wen (who were from my OG) and they both look so shocked and betrayed when they found out I was a OGL haha!


That energiser was so much fun! You could definitely feel the SR spirit in the hall. After that, we all went to change into our white polos and berms. Just to side track a little but all of us agreed that the berms make us look like zoo keepers. Yah meet the zoo keepers of SR. Ok well anw, after changing, we went to the canteen to wait for the Dean to finish giving her speech. Ended up taking photos cause we honestly had nth better to do haha!

 
 

Went back to the hall and started introducing ourselves to our group. I was partnered up with Melia that day(: There's actually 5 OGLs in charge of our group but we alternate with each other. Since it was the 1st day, of course there would be ice breakers. To be honest, I think our ice breakers went quite successfully haha! After awhile, everyone started laughing and getting to know one another better. We played games such as double whacko, H20 and hunter, squirrel, tree (Can't rmb what it's called). We also had really nice SPs attached to us who helped liven up the mood(: It wouldn't have been as fun without them.

I'm not sure if you guys face the same thing but the thing about double whacko is that you usually only call those with english names. It's just so hard to rmb chinese names! We kept hearing names such as Esther, Katty etc. Kind of pitied them but oh well haha! I'm very sure my name would have been called quite often too if I was playing. But since the OGLs were facilitating it, we didn't have to play.

After ice breakers, we head off for our college tour. As boring as it sounds, we tried to make things as interesting as we could. But nth much on the college tour. Following on, it was time for lunch! We all ate together and started to talk even more(: Melia and I had to leave halfway though to get ready for the fashion show. The fashion show is honestly the highlight of that day to me. I'm really so thankful to have been a part of it because I've made such good friends, especially those in the full u group.  To Barny, Melia, Denise, Kei Chi and Jia Ren, I'll nvr forget all our retarded rehearsal!(:

 
(Just check out Denise hahahaha)

 
(Our really fail jump shot)

We also took mass group photos of all those involved! All of them are really amazing people who are super enthu and made the whole event super fun!

(The main star of this photo is obviously Rui Ming who for some reason decided to alienate himself)

 
 

Oh yeah, and the last photo is us trying to look like a traditional Chinese family photo. I think we did quite well on it don't you think?

So that marks the end of orientation day 1. Time flies pass so fast and I wish the first day could have been a little longer. Unfortunately, I wasn't involved in the second and third day cause I wasn't on duty. I still went to find my OG when I had my breaks though! Sacrificed food time for my OG haha! I still miss them a lot and I can't wait to have an OG outing!

""We'll be friend forever won't we Pooh?" asked Piglet. 
"Even longer." Pooh answered"
A.A Milne, Winnie The Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment