Sunday 23 February 2014

Aquila Walk In!

Remember at the end of Jan, I was blogging about our rehearsals for the house walk in? Well day 4 was finally the day where we got to showcase it! I actually find days 4 and 5 the most fun days of orientation cause we all get split into our houses and you can see all the different houses competing in cheers and dances(:

So that morning, all of our OG split (sadly) and got into their classes. I was in charge of 1SR21 and I was a little afraid at first to be honest. I mean it's a new group after all and what you end up with a super slack or fierce group haha! So anw, on the fourth day, all the house flags were up and all the OGLs started to get our face painted!


It was really fun because all the different houses will randomly burst out into cheers and start screaming haha! That's the best part of orientation actually. I rmb how I lost my voice last year during orientation cause I screamed too much. Moreover, all the OGLs are probably the more enthusiastic ppl in school. I mean after all, if they aren't, they probably wouldn't have signed up to be one in the first place. So all of us were shouting our house cheers at the top of our lungs haha!

The house walk in is actually a surprise to the J1s. They didn't know we were going to dance. One of the SCs actually made an announcement asking all OGLs to meet outside for a meeting and that was the cue for us to get ready. Aquila was the first house to enter and we sure made an impact! One of Jolene's OG friend actually said he wanted to join Aquila after watching our walk in. *Throws pom poms in the air*


So that was our house dance(: aka, The Cardio Workout. You have no idea how tiring it is to jump around like that. We were all perspiring after. The good thing about being the first is that you get to watch all the other house's dances. We were all cheering for them and dancing along. After having so many practices, you kind of know what moves are coming next even if you didn't learn them.

Well then we had house time where we thought the freshmen the cheers and dance. Only some of them would have to learn the dance though and I was one of the OGLs in charge of teaching them. It was such a fun time and Cornelius and I were beat after that.

We also had some time to interact with our CG after. It was actually more of a time for their teachers to interact with them and we were just there cause...actually  I have no idea why haha!

 

That's about it for the 4th day. On the 5th day, all of us reported early again and stood in front of the classes we were in charge of. Ended up taking photos cause we were there so early haha!

 
 
 

This was the day where the freshmen of our group got to play some games to teach them about teamwork, co operation etc. The OGLs didn't really take part physically but we were there cheering for them and I ended up being the photographer (natually haha)

 
 
 
 

After all the games and lunch, we had some more house time to perfect our moves! Ended up partnering Nixon that day and we had a new group of ppl to teach. And finally, time to perform our house dance! I haven't uploaded the video onto my laptop yet so I guess I'll just upload it here a little ltr. But it was really cool cause you could really see the J2s and 1s coming together. All the OGLs were wearing their white polos while the J1s were in PE attire. We positioned ourselves such that we're in between the J1s and not a whole group of us tgt. So I guess that's why it really seems like we're coming tgt haha!


And this is how you know orientation was successful yay!

Even though Aquila didn't win, we did come in 2nd! (: Hip hip hooray! I love my Aquilians so much and absolutely can't wait for the next event where we split into our houses! I guess that's Will Run? Not looking forward to running 10km but I'm sure that day will be really fun!

"Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it."
L.M. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment