Thursday 13 February 2014

Department Of Caffeine

I blog so often that it feels weird that I haven't blogged for a week. There's just so many things going on such as Lit Night rehearsal and orientation. I'm so busy I couldn't find time to blog about my little bro's birthday haha! Am actually ill today and just came back from the doctor. Shall blog before I sleep(:

My brother's birthday was on 3rd Feb so we went out for brunch at DOC. His birthday falls during the CNY break so that's pretty lucky! Mine falls on a holiday this year too cause of National Day in lieu holiday. Well anw, DOC isn't a really big shop so we decided to call and reserve seats. Glad that we did cause if not, we would have to wait for quite awhile. Especially since there were 6 of us and most of the tables there accommodate up to 4 people.

 
 Caffe Latte ($5)

 
Smoked Salmon Scamble ($15.50)

Both my parents ordered this dish and it was pretty good! I particularly liked the eggs. I also just realised that my parents always order the same type of food for brunch. That is scrambled eggs, toast, salmon etc. The bread was a little hard though so they didn't finish it.

 

Can't really remember what this was called. All I can remember is that it's really good. Definitely would recommend to those who are heavy eaters such as Rifdi who ordered this haha! Keeps you quite full and it taste nice as well. The filling is actually chicken and it was so crispy!

 Shepherd's Pie ($15.50)

This is definitely the highlight of the day. Initially, I wanted to get this but since my sister was ordering it alr I thought I might as well get smth else. I just loveeeee Shepherd's Pie. It comes with minced beef at the bottom. I'm definitely making another trip back to DOC someday for this.

 
 
 Buttermilk Waffle with Butter Rum and Bananas ($13.50)
Buttermilk Waffle with Peanut Butter and Ice Cream ($13.50)

And here's what my brother and I ordered. He initially wanted to try out DOC's Valrhona Chocolate Waffle but it was unfortunately, sold out. (Obviously didn't have birthday luck hahaha) I preferred the peanut butter waffle because the other one was too sour to my liking. I cringed trying it. But according to my brother, the taste grows on you after taking a few more bites. Their waffles are no where as good as Wimbly Lu though. Wimbly Lu probably makes the crispiest waffles ever.

Department of Caffeine - 15 Duxton Road
                                         S089481

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."
Hippocrates

No comments:

Post a Comment